Q is for Star Trek (Yes. Yes it is.)

Q is for Star Trek. I don't actually have any tweets about him, but he was a character on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

And, of course, so was Wil Wheaton.

Here he is as Wesley Crusher, posted in reply to this:


Here's a link to a post he wrote about River Phoenix in 2011.

And here's his wife, Anne Wheaton, host of Vandal Eyes ("Making the world a better place, one pair of googly eyes at a time."), sprucing up an octopus (which of course reminds me of my paranormal, Druid's Moon):


As for other Star Trek... Here's William Shatner tweeting to Neil Gaiman: ‏@WilliamShatner: "@neilhimself As someone who tweets to excess sometimes, have fun and fill up my twitter feed! My best, Bill"

What would you put googly eyes on?

Comments

Zan Marie said…
Q! One of the greatest villains of all time! Every time he appeared on Star Trek, we got chills and sat back, knowing the plot just thickened. Good choice, Deniz!
Anonymous said…
Oh, I remember Q!! An alien life form with the power to get everything he wished for, or something like that, wasn't he? In one episode, if I'm not mistaken (chances are I am), his powers were taken from him, forcing him to live like a human (learning this from Data, of all "people"). Assuming this is the right Q, I really liked that character - he was good fun and beautifully ironic.
Linda G. said…
Oh, Q! My favorite Star Trek "villain" (in quotes because he wasn't entirely bad).

Now I want to go watch a TNG "Q" marathon. *grin*
Stephanie Allen said…
I...haven't watch Star Trek. But I mean to! Gotta round out my nerddom and all that :)

I feel like any time is a good time for googly eyes. Except maybe socks, because I've had a couple pairs of those, and they're a pain in the butt to wash if you actually want the eyes to stay on.
I need to follow Shatner. I'm sure he's amusing.
J.L. Murphey said…
Q a villain you love to hate.
Sarah McCabe said…
Given this theme, you might enjoy the comic here today: http://hijinksensue.com/
Michael Di Gesu said…
Not into the Star Trek thing, but I like Q for a villainess character.
Susan Kane said…
Q is not a villain; he is just misunderstood. John de Lancie makes him so...
Lyre said…
Q was the greateset Trek character ever. EVER I say.

I almost posted about him today. I'm kind of glad I didn't now. :-)

Lyre @ Lyre's Musings #atozchallenge
Unknown said…
How did I forget about Q?! [smacking head] One of my favorites :)
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks Zan Marie, Cat, Linda, Alex, Jo, Amy and Lara! He always scared me. But you're right Linda and Susan - he wasn't all bad.

You're right Stephanie - I got a pair of socks as a gift that play a little song, and I'm always afraid to throw them in the washer.

Thanks Sarah - off to look!

Ooh, I like the idea of Q as a female character, too, Michael.
Kristen said…
Q was one of the best characters ever created! :)

#atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com