A to Z Challenge - Favourite Books - Kate, and others by Jean Little

Kate - or any other book by Jean Little.

I'm racking my brains trying to remember which book of hers I read first, and how old I might have been. Possibly From Anna, which I loved, because I was a kid with glasses, too!


Mama's Going to Buy You A Mockingbird is another wonderful book. As are her two autobiographies, Little by Little and Stars Come Out Within. Oh, she's got so many! Little is a very prolific author. It was partly through her that I discovered the Dear Canada series of books (from Scholastic!): "The Dear Canada series invites readers into the intimate worlds of girls throughout different times in Canadian history. The ongoing series showcases Canada's most distinguished children's authors who recreate some of the most dramatic events from our diverse history."

They're also finally starting to come out with a series for boys. I hope Jean Little writes from that point of view as well!

Comments

Trisha said…
I probably would have loved these as a kid, but not sure as I don't know much about them yet :)

YAY for fave books, gonna check out all the others you've posted too :)
Nadja Notariani said…
I adore the type of illustration found on the covers you've posted. The pictures remind me of a book my daughters LOVED...titled, Elizabeth. I cannot remember the author's name, and the book is most definitely tucked into a wicker bin or resting upon one of the 27 book shelves in my office alone...If I find it, I'll post the author's name. We read that book until the pages started coming out. But...what a great story.
Anonymous said…
And...more books I've not heard of before. Might have to check them out for The Girl. What's the age range?
Casperdarin said…
As above give a nice post. This post give a little description of different types of books. It's give a batter review which is helpful to get a preferable books.

photo books
Golden Eagle said…
They sound like wonderful children's books!
Unknown said…
Lovely books!

Hope you’re enjoying the challenge so far!
--Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks for commenting on all my posts, Trisha!

Hope you find it, Nadja, I'm intrigued now.

Ooh, Jean Little is a perfect choice, Joshua. It depends which books - she writes board books for as young as, say, four. All the way up to about 12-14, maybe. It's hard for me to say cos I reread them even now at 32!

They are, Eagle!

I'm loving the challenge, Damyanti! I might fall behind on commenting a bit next week, as I'm going on vacation...
Beautiful illustrations. As I have two young girls, I'll be very interested to follow the author and introduce them to these awesome books. Thanks!

From Diary of a Writer in Progress
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks for coming by, Gina!