At the Half-way Point...

Yesterday was the last day of the five-day writing marathon over on the CompuServe Books And Writers Community. I wrote 1000 words per day and 1590 words yesterday – a one-day record for the Austin and Kedi story! My total hovers at 40,000 words; it’s hard to achieve an exact count because the WIP is interlarded (Hi Claire! ) with research notes and quotes.
I’m considering joining National Novel Writing Month in November (
http://www.nanowrimo.org/). The rules stipulate that you must begin a new novel; if I consider the Ephesus scenes as Act I (Hi Jenny! ), then I can start a brand new “novel” with Austin’s arrival in Rome. Since I always need some sort of outside willpower and enforced deadline, this may help me achieve the 80,000 word-goal for the finished novel. Although 50,000 words in one month is a bit of a stretch, given that I’m on the last week of the 70-Day challenge (Sven says sweat!) (http://70daysofsweat.com/wordpress/) and barely squeaked together 900 words per day.
And yet, all these challenges and monthly exercises have resuted in a lot more writing than if I had been left to my own devices – at that rate the novel might have floundered and come ashore only years from now...

Comments

Claire Gregory said…
Hi! Very nice interlarding of that particular verb... Congrats on making the halfway point!! And a rather devious approach to NaNoWriMo... Hm...
AYDIN ÖRSTAN said…
Interlarde? I have to look that one up!
Deniz Bevan said…
well, we'll see about NaNoWriMo... Maybe our marathons and excercices (sp??) will be enough to get me by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

IWSG Day and Library Out of Storage!

Mini Reviews Part Two: Tolkien, Rowling, Tremain, and Mercer

Crystal Collier Cover Reveal! Plus ROW80 and Mini-Rant About Twitter