Happy World Book Day!

Was it last week? Every day should be book day!

First book I ever read:
In Turkish: translations of Aesop’s fables
In English: (besides picture books) Can’t remember much from before third grade, so let’s say Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White

Last book I read:
Silent Women by Ingrid Berzins Leuzy

Favourite childhood books:
Oh, gee, where to start? I’ll just list a few authors:
L. M. Montgomery; Kit Pearson; Jean Little; Kenneth Grahame; J.R.R. Tolkien; Hans Christian Andersen, E. Nesbit; C. S. Lewis; John Bellairs; P. L. Travers; Janet Lunn, Katherine Paterson, Maurice Sendak, Edward Gorey, Roald Dahl, Robert Munsch, Beverly Cleary, etc. etc.

Favourite Adult Books:

Umm, besides the above list?
There's Diana Gabaldon, G. K. Chesterton, Evelyn Waugh, Agatha Christie, Somerset Maugham, James Herriott, the Romantic poets and Blake, William Shakespeare, Emily Carr, Charles Dickens, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, etc. etc.

Care to share your favourites?

Comments

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said…
Every day is book day!

How can you possibly remember the first book you ever read? I had one favorite book when I was a child, but I don't remember its name or the author's name. It was about some kid going on a seafaring trip.
Deniz Bevan said…
No, I don't remember *exactly*, so I was fudging a bit. But my mom did keep most of the books I had from when I was 5 or younger, so I've seen them a lot - most recently when the basement flooded and I had to clean them out (!), so it's easier to remember them.

I forgot to add to my list: Marchette Chute, Walter de la Mare, Susan Cooper, Madeleine l'Engle, Sue Townsend, Paul Auster, Giovanni Guareschi, Stephen Fry, etc. etc.