Break on Through by Jill Murray and Contests

Question number two: when was the last time you read a book straight through without stopping?

(Question number one was a few days ago, on The Lord of the Rings)

I did today, when I read Jill Murray's Break on Through, a fast-paced tale about six months in the life of Nadine 'Lady Six Sky' Durant, who just happens to be a breakdancer. Talk about reading outside of my comfort zone, but Jill's writing is so smooth and Nadine's voice so true, that I couldn't step away from her world for even a minute. I can't wait to read the next book, Rhythm and Blues.

It felt even better doing this - that is, the guilt factor was very low - as I wrote over 10,000 words of my own yesterday. Yes, I even wrote The End. Squee! Of course, now I have to turn right around and rewrite it.

The last time I read a book straight through was Alan Silberberg's Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze, and before that, PJ Bracegirdle's first book in The Joy of Spooking Series.

What can I say? Let's hear it for YA authors from my neighbourhood!

As for contests, there's my 100 Followers Thank You Contest - thanks to those that have signed up so far!

And Pam's having an easy-peasy Outlander giveaway. If you haven't read one of the best books ever, now's your chance to have your own straight-through-without-stopping reading day. Outlander will do it, for sure.

The next instalment of Kait Nolan's Forsaken by Shadow is up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IWSG Day and Library Out of Storage!

Mini Reviews Part Two: Tolkien, Rowling, Tremain, and Mercer

Crystal Collier Cover Reveal! Plus ROW80 and Mini-Rant About Twitter