Kait Nolan's Blindsight, ROW80 and Free for All Awards!

Wham! A teaser!

Actually, it's a short story by Kait Nolan called Blindsight.


"Isla's ability as a Seer has made her a life-long captive of a paranormal crime lord. Fae assassin, Ransom, offers her a chance at escape, but when she touches his hand she sees only blood, horror, apocalypse. What reason can Ransom have for wanting to rescue her, and can she possibly trust a man who deals in death?"

Not only is Blindsight a riveting tale with just the right touch of romance (love it when the sensuality hits the perfect note) but it's a great introduction to her Mirus world, if you haven't read any of her other stories yet. And if you have... You'll just have to wait for autumn for the next full-length installment. Blindsight is available here.

On the ROW80 front, I've found a failsafe method of dealing with square brackets - delete the sentence! I used to cringe at all the yellow-highlighted square brackets on a page. Oh no, more research, word choices and phrase juggling!

Now, when I see something like, "Rosa walked up the [deck] with a hand on the [rail] and passed the [forecastle]...", I don't even flinch. I hit delete!

Who needs all that stress? The new sentence reads: "Rosa moved up the ship with a hand on the rail and rounded the corner. There was a space there, with a bench jutting out..."

Next pass around, it'll be even smoother.

I hope.

Thanks to Nadja for the yummy Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award!


1. Link to the person who sent it to you. Thank you Nadja!

2. List seven random facts about yourself:

I play FarmVille. There, I've finally admitted it. It's been four months since I started. I'm a little soured by the fact that it's not very realistic - I've got elephants, chinchillas and something called a poncho llama on my farm, besides reindeer. And the regular farm animals.

I've been in a book club for the same length of time! Right now we're reading The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen.

Pasta two nights in a row for dinner... with herbs from the balconey pots.

I'm trying to cut back on coffee. *cries* I love coffee!

I rarely blog in advance. I wonder if I could take a day to write enough posts for a month, and then relax all month?

Love LEGO.

My cat has a heart on his head.

3) Pass the award on to other awesome blog buddies.

I was going to be a little lazy and say, anyone coming by can have it, but I was so happy to receive this lovely award that I'm going to pass it on... to everyone who commented on my last post. Thanks awesomesauce blog buddies!

Al

Zan Marie

Robin

Jill

Trisha

Nas

Naina

Susan

Beth

Medeia

Comments

Talli Roland said…
No, not Farmville! Noooooooooo...

Congrats on the award, Deniz.
Zan Marie said…
How Sweet! Thanks, Deniz. Fresh herbs--YUM! I have a pot of basil and I'm loving it.

I like your bracket elimiation method. Works for me. ; )
Julie Dao said…
Congrats on the award!! I also love LEGOs :) Just letting you know I tagged you in a post today for a meme - don't feel like you have to participate if you don't want to!
That sounds like my kind of premise. And I love the title!

Congratulations on your award.
Susan Fields said…
Thanks, Deniz! I don't blog in advance either - pretty much always the night before. :)
Nas said…
Congrats on your award, Deniz. And thanks for passing it onto me!
Naina Gupta said…
Well done on the award!
I'll answer those questions tomorrow.
Robyn Campbell said…
Congrads on the award, Deniz. Congrads to all the wunnerful peeps that deserve this awesome award, too. Super title, btw. (I'z too lazy to schedule posts. Even though I wish I could.) (((hugs)))
Anonymous said…
Square brackets, huh? This is an editing tool you use, right? :0)

Congrats on the award!

Blindsight is great, isn't it? Kait is an awesome writer.
Anonymous said…
Cut back on coffee?! Is that even possible??

Congrats on the award! :-)
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks Talli! Trying to wean myself off the time suck farm...

Thank you so much Zan Marie, Julie, Theresa, Susan, Nas, Naina and Robyn!

Loved Blindsight, Lauralyn. Can't wait for the extra page Kait's going to release!

Thanks Liz! Er, no, coffee reduction is not going as planned...
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the award!

I love Lego, too.
Deniz Bevan said…
You're welcome Medeia!