Round 3 of A Round of Words in 80 Days

Round 3 of A Round of Words in 80 Days begins tomorrow!

Here's the long history and details of the project, but in short, ROW80 lets you set you own goal.

"You take whatever project you are working on, in whatever stage it is in, and you figure out a goal for it, share it with us in a blog post that you link to when the challenge begins, and you join our community of dedicated writers and fellow cheerleaders."
But don't forget - this is the challenge that knows you have a life. So ROW80 allows you to change your goal should you need to. Easy, right? And you know every little bit of accountability helps you keep that butt in chair!

Click here to sign up for Round 3 of ROW80.

And oh yes, me. Here's what I've got going on and what I hope to accomplish with it:

First week of July - writers' houseparty on the Compuserve Books and Writers Community: I've thrown my two heroes in with one of my main villains and am trying to learn as much about their motivations as I can. Along with blowing up bombs, fending off feral sensual cats and painting masterpieces, etc. All par for the course.

All of July - Barbara Rogan's Revising Fiction Workshop is in full swing: got some thinking to do about my character's growth and changes throughout Out of the Water and have to make sure the tension rises and that the arc is consistent throughout. Without thinking about it in such cut and dry terms, however. And structure's just lesson one!

All of July - finish editing and revising and entering missing scenes to the last 60 pages of Out of the Water.

15 July - Harry Potter!

Happy writing all!

(gratuitous photo of my main characters, for inspiration)

Comments

Beth said…
Sounds like you're making great progress! I'm looking forward to Harry Potter too.
Anonymous said…
You've set fantastic goals! Good luck reaching them. :)
Unknown said…
These are awesome goals and I wish you all the best with them. I have one story that must be finished by September 1 so I'm hoping to get some serious inspiration over the next weeks.
Zan Marie said…
Good grief, Deniz! You think big.

I've been absent from my blog and others for the last week and a half because of the House Party. It is a bang up good time. ; )

I'll have to look into the ROW 80 rules. ; )
Sarah McCabe said…
I'm joining you this time around and I'm looking forward to it!
Jill W. said…
Goooo Deniz!

I'm curious to see how Arkan handles this dinner...and what if he found out about Rochester?? Oof.

For that matter, how is *Baha* going to handle Rochester? [g]

Good stuff.
Trisha said…
Nice goals!! Good luck for July :) Look forward to seeing your progress throughout the month. :D
J.L. Campbell said…
Sounds like you've got a busy month lined up.
Anonymous said…
Happy writing and I hope you meet your goals.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you Beth, Madeline and Melissa!

I know, Zan Marie, the houseparty is taking all the time I would have - er, might have, should have - spent editing. SO lovely to be drafting again!

Welcome aboard, Sarah!

Thanks Jill! Kinda stuck at the moment. Gotta see in which pov this confrontation will best play out...

Thank you Trisha, Joy and Medeia!
July 15th!!! Ahem. :)

Sounds like you have some great stuff lined up! Best of luck for a great writerly July!
So much July writing stuff going on! Right now, I'm just trying to write and revise everyday.

Good luck with your writing projects!
Deniz Bevan said…
Yes! You're right Susan, must keep July 15th open! Though it'll be more like July 18th for me, since I have to wait till my sister's in town!

Thank you Theresa - good luck to you too!