1. What's your favourite item of clothing and why?
Leggings. I'm really excited that they're back.
2. If you could have any exotic or fantastical pet, what would you have?
Misha mentioned a cat-sized dragon...
3. What is your current writing project? Ayten's story, Rome, Rhymes and Risk (historical romance, set in 1493):
Ayten, an Ottoman girl kidnapped as a slave, is rescued and embarks on a voyage across the Mediterranean with her new friends, on their way to join Columbus' second voyage. She finds herself falling for the man who owns the ship: Devran, the son of the Grand Vizier.4. What's the worst book you've ever read?
Exiled for a crime he did not commit, Devran's also got one secret: before Ayten was kidnapped, her father had arranged for her to marry Devran.
Devran's been in love with Ayten for months - but having met him only after his exile, Ayten believes him a penniless rake. Their ship docks for a week at Venice, where Ayten turns her attentions to the Sultan's brother, Cem.
Can Devran prove his worth to her before they set sail again?
Shane. Hands down. I reread it once, just to check, and yes. It's horrible.
5. If you could write any other genre besides the one you currently write, what would it be and why?
Humour. I just can't seem to write like Donald Westlake, or Kurt Vonnegut.
6. You have the winning $50 million lottery ticket. What do you buy first?
A house with a library!
7. What do you usually order for dinner at an Italian restaurant?
Pizza. I can make pasta at home, but not an oven-baked pizza!
8. How many agents have you queried (or are planning to query)?
I've sent out ten letters in January and February, gotten four rejections, and plan to try at least 50. Wish me luck!
9. Name five things you would pack in your apocalypse emergency suitcase.
Wilderness Survival for Dummies. The Lord of the Rings. A crank radio. Matches. And cash from my lottery winnings (ha!).
10. What is your one weakness?
Volunteering for all sorts of things. I need to say no, and take time to write.
If you'd like to answer some questions, feel free!
Matthew's critiquing my query! *wave* to all the lovely people I've met through his posts.
I've got an idea of a theme, which should make things a little easier.
Voting's still on in Rach's challenge! Mine's number 24 - two posts below.
And I picked up a lovely award from Sarah:
I've had so many lovely comments this week, I'll hand it out to all of you!