A to Z Challenge - Favourite Books - The House of All Sorts by Emily Carr

The House of All Sorts by Emily Carr.

You know what's odd? I can't remember how I discovered the writing of Emily Carr. I must have picked up Klee Wyck at the Ottawa or Montreal gallery, but I wonder what drew me to her - was it the back cover copy? The brief biography on the last page? I wonder, because now I can't remember what it was like not to know her.

I urge you to read her stories - that link to Klee Wyck is to the Australian Gutenberg site, where they have it for free! Meanwhile, here are a few of my favourite paintings:

Shore and Forest, Cordova Bay

Tree in Autumn

War Canoe, Alert Bay

Westcoast Seashore

Comments

Zan Marie said…
Wow, that's wonderful art! I love this style. ; )
Shall HAVE to find her! :0)
LR said…
She sounds very interesting! Didn't know about her.

I'm gonna get one of her books. Thanks for sharing this. ;)
Peggy Eddleman said…
I love the paintings! Especially the first one. Everything has so much movement! I love it!
Hi Deniz .. I love the art .. it's wonderful to see. The books - interesting that they're free on Project Gutenberg Australia ..

Thanks .. cheers Hilary
Deniz Bevan said…
I'm so glad you guys love what little I've posted. Emily Carr is amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Reviews Part Two: Tolkien, Rowling, Tremain, and Mercer

IWSG Day and Library Out of Storage!

Summer Reads and Octopus Photos