A to Z Challenge - Favourite Books - The House of All Sorts by Emily Carr

The House of All Sorts by Emily Carr.

You know what's odd? I can't remember how I discovered the writing of Emily Carr. I must have picked up Klee Wyck at the Ottawa or Montreal gallery, but I wonder what drew me to her - was it the back cover copy? The brief biography on the last page? I wonder, because now I can't remember what it was like not to know her.

I urge you to read her stories - that link to Klee Wyck is to the Australian Gutenberg site, where they have it for free! Meanwhile, here are a few of my favourite paintings:

Shore and Forest, Cordova Bay

Tree in Autumn

War Canoe, Alert Bay

Westcoast Seashore

Comments

Zan Marie said…
Wow, that's wonderful art! I love this style. ; )
Unknown said…
Shall HAVE to find her! :0)
LR said…
She sounds very interesting! Didn't know about her.

I'm gonna get one of her books. Thanks for sharing this. ;)
Peggy Eddleman said…
I love the paintings! Especially the first one. Everything has so much movement! I love it!
Hi Deniz .. I love the art .. it's wonderful to see. The books - interesting that they're free on Project Gutenberg Australia ..

Thanks .. cheers Hilary
Deniz Bevan said…
I'm so glad you guys love what little I've posted. Emily Carr is amazing.