Where I've Been, Amanda Palmer, and A to Z Reflections

Hello!

I know it doesn't show, since I had all my posts prepared in advance, but I've been away for the past three weeks! Please excuse me falling behind in commenting on all your posts; I'm slowly trying to catch up.

Here's what I've focused on since I've returned:

A to Z Challenge Reflections

I made it!
I was able to write all my posts in advance and, before leaving, kept up on everyone who was kind enough to visit and follow here. Thanks loads to the hosts of the A to Z! Having a theme definitely helped me, as it gave me a focus for preparing posts beforehand. I really admire those of you that winged it every day.

Everyone had such great ideas - music, photos, drawings, lists of favourites, what have you. I can't wait for next year!

The only thing is... having returned to hundreds of comments and lots of exciting blog posts to read and catch up on, coupled with the fact that I didn't do as much editing as I hoped to (more on that on Sunday's ROW80 update), I think this will be my last Friday post for a while... Only Wednesdays and Sundays from now on! This had better lead to more work on the novels, is all I can say.


 I love this recent song of hers:

Sorting through photos

Here's a teaser...

Yes, it was lambing season in the United Kingdom! Not to mention the London Marathon, the Queen's Jubilee, and countdown to the Olympics...

I've got lots of posts coming up with photos of Daleks, Charles II, towers, castles, Edinburgh, more sheep, Wales, Tolkien in Lancashire, and much more. What sorts of images would you like to see from England?

Comments

Hi Deniz .. well done on doing the Challenge while away ... I agree with your choice of Amanda .. and sure hope she has loads of success - the ideas seem great.

Ok - no rainy posts please!! after the wettest April ever .. we are drowning in our own drought!! It is sunny today ..

Cheers - all the photos you want .. Hilary
Nadja Notariani said…
We all need a vacation once in awhile. :}

Glad you're back! Now, (cracks whip) get back to that editing...lol. I enjoyed all the different themes in the A-Z challenge - great to see how many ideas there were.
Angela Brown said…
I just love traveling vicariously through others so post-your-pix away :-)

Glad you're back and wishing you well as you tacking your writing goals.
Unknown said…
Sounds like an interesting list. And I know what you mean, I MUST spend more time on my next novel!!
Golden Eagle said…
Welcome back! :)
J.L. Campbell said…
Can't wait to see the photos you took. The lambs are super cute.
Anonymous said…
This is the first time I've heard Amanda Palmer.

I loved reading people's posts. I ran across a lot of interesting things.

Have a great weekend.
You sound like a very well organized person to have agreed to participate without putting in a appearance. However, I like your attitude and determination to catch up. Thanks for the visit.
mooderino said…
I think it helps Amanda Palmer to be married to a wizard (Gaiman's a wizard right?).

Well done on completing the challenge. Wish I'd been that organised (maybe you're married to a wizard too).

mood
Moody Writing
@mooderino
The Funnily Enough
Anonymous said…
Welcome back! Can't wait to see your pictures!
Unknown said…
Anything to do with Wales will be good with me, but I'm biased :)
Trisha said…
I saw heaps of cute little lambs when I was in the UK recently :) Adoraboo! Welcome home Deniz! And I too need to buckle down with a lot of my goals & get my stuff together. I don't know that I ever really recovered from my own month of travels.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you, Hilary! I've got a Dover Castle post coming soon!

Thanks Nadja, Sara, and Angela!

Ooh, Carole Anne, I'm going to do a post on Blists Hill soon!

Thank you Eagle, Joy and Medeia!

Thanks for coming by, Francene.

Yes, mooderino, Gaiman's a wizard. He can do no wrong! And maybe my husband too :-)

Thanks Lara!

I agree, Jamie :-)

It's hard to get back into the swing of things, isn't it, Trisha? I got very used to hoping on a train each day and going somewhere new.
EvalinaMaria said…
Congratulation on finishing the challenge. During the challenge I didn't visit as many blogs as I would like to but, cross my heart, I'm visiting every single one with the reflection post! I am so glad my journey brought me here.

Evalina, This and that...
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks Evalina! How sweet of you to keep making the rounds!