Virtual Writers' Conference and Other Titbits

Forgot to mention that my last post was my 700th blog post!

I've got a pile of writing-related stuff to take care of, not least revising my query, but I'm thinking of adding something more to my plate:

The Virtual Surrey International Writers' Conference!

Surrey screenshot!

It wouldn't be an official event, not affiliated with SIWC in any way. Just an informal hang out at the Compuserve Books and Writers Community for all those unable to attend the actual SIWC. I'm hoping to feature some Master Classes, Blue Pencil sessions, Q and A...

I've got to get cracking on the organization. What features would you like to see at such an event?

***
Have you tried going from The Shire to Mordor on Google Maps?
***

I won a first-five-pages critique from Susan Kaye Quinn! Hope she likes my story...

Meanwhile, it's late 80s/early 90s revival time! I'm going to a concert on Wednesday and I'm very excited. Guess who? Here's a hint:



Which 80s band is your favourite?

Comments

Congrats on winning that critique! Polish, polish!

Good luck in the final weeks of ROW80. :)
I hadn't heard of this event. Checking it out! Thanks!

I did a whole 80s music theme for April. So many bands to choose...
Anonymous said…
This virtual conference sounds interesting. I wonder if there's something similiar in the UK
Deniz Bevan said…
I loved your music theme, Theresa! If the virtual Surrey works out, you're invited, of course!

You could host one, Madeleine! Or come over to the Forum - it's open to anyone!
Anonymous said…
That's cool about the map. It showed me Washington State.

Congrats on the critique.

I have a few favorite 80s band. U2 is one of them.
Nas said…
Congrats on winning the critique!

The virtual conference sounds good- well I've just been to one in Anaheim!
Golden Eagle said…
Congratulations on 700+ blog posts! :) And congrats on winning the critique, too.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks, Bro!

Neat, huh, Medeia? On mine it just said "one does not simply walk into Mordor".

Lucky you, Nas!

Thanks, Eagle!