*looks around blearily*
I think I've forgotten how to blog.
Between the nearly full week of illness, coming as it did following the holidays, during which I had a lot of wonderfully scheduled-in-advance posts, and the trying to keep to my editing schedule despite the illness, I've lost the knack of blabbing on the blog.
Though I am pleased to report that the editing is progressing on Druid's Moon. Haltingly in some cases - I might have hit the dreaded middle - but soon the Beast shall be revealed to Beauty, and then there will be lots of dialogue and interaction and "what do we do now" conversations to play with. Then the finale, and then the denouement (which I don't think I've written yet!). Hoping to be ready to write the synopsis by end-February.
About the only thing I could hold up while ill (didn't even read until the third day, I was that weak) was my iPod, so I was on Twitter quite a bit. Yes, there were cat photos. Thank you for all your comments on my last post! So nice to have your good wishes. I'm looking forward to visiting everyone and catching up!
One lovely thing that happened while I was ill is that I was accepted for something I'd applied for a few weeks ago: the CANSCAIP Creator-in-Residence Manuscript Blue Pencil. It's a little different that the usual mentorship programme, since there were only twelve spots offered, and at no charge!
The only thing is, CANSCAIP is the children's authors' association, and I submitted my MG/YA. Now I have to take off my romance (and paranormal) editing hat and put on my children's author hat - and return to a story I haven't quite looked at in a few years. I just know it's not as good as it could be!
But then, what do I know, really? I haven't had coffee in six days... I miss it so much I'm bringing back this image from an old blog post on mugs:
Yup, that's Charlie on the old Two and a Half Men. Judging by the blog post I got the image from, I'm not the only one interested in those bottomless mugs. At least, they seem bottomless when you're watching the show: He always uses the same one, there's always fresh coffee in the pot, and when he's not drinking alcohol, he's sipping coffee. Yum yum!
Books I'm Reading and Finished Books
- The Owl Service by Alan Garner
- So Anyway... by John Cleese
- ***Reading At Intervals***
- Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King
- Beowulf and Sellic Spell by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Parade's End by Ford Madox Ford
- The War of the Ring - Book 8 in the History of Middle Earth series by Christopher Tolkien and J R R Tolkien (reread)
- What to Expect in Baby's First Year
- Baby's First Year for Dummies
- 11 Doctors 11 Stories by various authors (including Neil Gaiman)
- Creed or Chaos? by Dorothy Sayers
- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien manuscripts edited by J. D. Rateliff
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- The Jerusalem Bible
- ***Finished Books***
- Two Caravans by Monica Lewycka
- Aunt Sass by P. L. Travers
- An Imperial Affliction by Peter Van Houten (actually a few pages of the story, written by John Green for the film of his novel The Fault In Our Stars)
- January Brings the Snow by Sara Coleridge (poem)
- Kissing song by Neil Gaiman (poem)
- The Mother by Nettie Palmer (poem)
- William Tell Told Again by P. G. Wodehouse
- Her Ladyship's Companion by Joanna Bourne
- The Long Way Home by Louise Penny
- How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny
- Mes P'tits Contes, legends of Swiss cantons
- see the 2014 list and statistics at http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.ch/2014/12/books-read-in-2014-review.html
- see the 2013 list and statistics at http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.ca/2014/01/toast-to-professor-books-read-in-2013.html
- see the 2012 list and statistics here http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.ca/2012/12/the-hobbit-review-and-year-end-books.html
- see the 2011 statistics on http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.ca/2012/01/books-read-in-2011-statistics-fourth.html
- see the 2011 list at http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.ca/2012/01/books-read-in-2011.html
- see the 2010 list at http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.com/2010/12/books-read-in-2010-listed-here.html
- see the 2009 list at http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.com/2009/12/books-read-in-2009-part-ii.html
- also in 2009 at http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.com/2009/12/books-read-in-2009-part-iv.html
- see the 2008 list at http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.com/2008/12/books-read-in-2008-part-ii.html
- also in 2008 at http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.com/2008/12/books-read-in-2008-part-vi.html
- also in 2008 at http://thegirdleofmelian.blogspot.com/2008/12/books-read-in-2008-part-iv.html