Neuchatel! and Story Starts and Ends

Neuchatel!

Life is intruding again but it seems to benefit the blog as I get to share lots of photos! These are from a day trip to the town of Neuchatel last month:

At the train station 

An ad for Appenzeller cheese. I think it says "the tangiest/most full-bodied secret in Switzerland".

Town centre 

Town centre 

Town centre, below the castle 

Beginning the walk up... 

Fountain 

Up the winding road... 

Still climbing, now facing the dungeon tower 

Through the arch... 

View from the top 

Looking out on the dungeon tower 

1685! Parts of the castle are even older, at least 12th Century

Collegial church 

Altar 

I really like the expression on the face on the left

Leaving the church 

The castle 

Castle entrance 

Very steep street! 

The steps of the steep street 

Piggy outside a butcher shop

I think this says All Work in Latin. Wonder why?

As for ROW80, the main thing this week is figuring out an ending to, and editing, my short story.

Questions are still percolating in the back of my mind. What I need is a solid sit-down stream of consciousness session, to see what my characters think about their situation.

Do you struggle with endings or with beginnings?

Comments

Hi Deniz - fascinating place to visit ... looks quite amazing and so much history. Also not too big ...

Good luck with your endings and your beginnings ... I'm (sort of thinking) about my return to the blogging world and where do I start!!

Lovely to see your photos and visit .. I see it's the 'watch' place of the world ... cheers Hilary
KatB said…
Gorgeous photos! Best of luck on your short story goals. :)
Fallon said…
Those are some lovely pictures. Good luck with finishing your story.
That looks like a fun town to explore. Like all the narrow roads. The church was quite beautiful.
S.P. Bowers said…
beginnings are hardest for me.

Love the pics. It's such a wonderful experience to be able to take trips to such amazing places.
Zan Marie said…
Glorious pics--as always, Deniz! Good luck on the ending. I'm working on a change to my main WIP's ending, too.
Mark Koopmans said…
Never been to Switzerland, although I must, because I am apparently 1/32 Swiss :)

Oh boy, endings... I just stop when it feels "right."

Not much help am I :)

Happy weekend, Deniz!
J Lenni Dorner said…
Fantastic shots. Thanks for sharing.
sage said…
Lovely photos--I struggle with endings and beginnings (along with middles--I suppose that goes for my waist, too)
Misha Gerrick said…
Looks like a charming town.

I sometimes struggle with both, but it depends on the story. :-)
Nissa Annakindt said…
Thanks for the tour--- lovely photos.

Beginnings of stories are easy for me. Which is why I write several beginnings for each story. Some of which are even good.

Endings are hard, not because I don't have ideas for endings, but because I have troubles in the middle that make it hard to get all the way to the end of a writing project.

Enjoyed your blog post.
Blessings,
Nissa
http://myantimatterlife.wordpress.com
Anonymous said…
Love the photos. I loved taking day trips in Europe. There's so much to do in one day.
Deniz Bevan said…
Happy you all enjoyed the photos!