Snow! and Looking Back Over All Goals at the End of ROW80 Round 3

Yup, it's the end of another round of A Round of Words in 80 Days.

I had one major accomplishment this round -- typing up and finishing a short story in time to submit it to the Surrey Contest!

I know I keep mentioning ROW80 by its short name, so here's a reminder of the group's format:
"We have 4 rounds a year, each running 80 days.
Your goal can be anything you like as long as it is measurable (e.g. number of words/pages, specified amount of time to spend on writing per day/week, number of pages edited, etc. ...
Once you have settled on a goal, you write it up on your blog (yes, you must have one) and link to it on the Goals Linky for the round, which will be posted on the ROW80 Blog.
If your goal changes before the end of the 80 days, simply write up a new goals post and link to it on the latest check-in day.
We have check-ins twice a week on Wednesday and Sundays where you will update us the same way (e.g. write up a blog post of your progress and link to it on that day's linky).
On Twitter we use a hashtag of #ROW80 if you wanna come hang out. Or if you're more into Facebook, you can find that here.
And if you happen to find us after a round has begun, just write up your goals post and hop on in whenever. We're a friendly bunch."

The next round, the final one for this year, begins on 5 October! Now might be a good time to revisit some of my goals and progress from the past few months.

I see I started typing up my 2013 NaNo story, Larksong, back in September 2014. I am exactly 1,000 words away from finishing that, and the goal is to have it all typed up before this year's NaNo. My 2014 NaNo story (the dystopian that turned into a WWI spy story) is pending typing... It hasn't even been given a title yet!

These were my original goals for 2015 (the best part of that post is the fact that I compiled the full set of character faces!):
Keep up with blogging [including the A to Z Challenge] and the Wallace transcriptions, and maybe the Forum (no pressure on the latter) [managing to do this, including writing lots of book reviews!]
Get going on the Druid's Moon revamp. I can start by printing it again and reading it on the way to and from work [yes, now that my commute is ten minutes longer, I really should do this]
Submit Out of the Water to new agents [I think I tried a couple. But my list of agents to try is growing. It's time to return to this]
Find homes for the vignette and short story I haven't submitted anywhere yet [I turned the vignette into a Janet Reid flash fiction piece]
Finish typing Larksong in plain text on the iPad and enter it in Scrivener [almost there!]

I also participated in WRiTE Club, wrote and edited the unexpected new short story and submitted it to Surrey, and started a new novel during CampNaNoWriMo! And, among beta reading and so on, I added a few hundred more words to a joint story. I seem to have my finger in a lot of pies. Just because I don't have an item published is no reason to feel slow -- evidently I seem to work at a steady pace, even when I don't feel as though I'm getting anything done!

I see I also had some other-hobby goals:
Finish knitting three more cowls [only made one so far]
Think about buying expensive wool to make, slowly, methodically, and properly, a gorgeous design by Kate Davies [yup, still thinking about this. Davies has a gorgeous new wool and pattern set, released last week!]
Organise all our photos and print a few, especially for grandparents [I actually did this!]
Bake more! [Not yet, sadly. Soon, I swear!]

The main goals for this round of ROW80, then, are to finish typing up Larksong, choose a story idea for NaNo 2015, and print Druid's Moon for the commute.

In the spirit of gearing up for winter, here are a few ice and snow and deer nest shots from winter 2010, when we visited a friend's house a couple hours north of Montreal:


Doesn't it make you feel warm and cosy?

What are your goals and plans for the rest of the year?

Comments

Dig the snow pictures.
A thousand words - you're almost there!
Hi Deniz - don't bring snow to us just yet please!! But am glad you managed to see friends with the snow a few years ago. Grandparents and photos are the important thing I noted here ... but I'd be boo-hooing re the A-Z if that wasn't done! I know you've got loads on your plate ... enjoy being settled .. cheers Hilary
Linda G. said…
I'm shivering at those snow pictures, and hoping for long and mild fall (my favorite season) this year.
S.P. Bowers said…
Can't wait for snow!!!

I've found a pattern to crochet a Llama. I'm going to try that soon. and I've always wanted to make a nice shawl. I had to give up sewing when the arthritis in my hands was bad. It's doing okay now so I should probably do that before it gets bad again.

Hope your short story does well at surrey. I'm planning on being there next year!
sage said…
Thanks for the snow photos... this time of the year I miss living in the northwoods the most, as we have little fall color and now snow upon which to look forward. Congratulations on your accomplishment in the last "ROW 80)
Nas said…
Wow! Love the pictures! Wishing I could be there. Well done on the words!
No, not winter!
My job is sucking me dry. I'm trying to write for 20 minutes in the morning, but I am checking out blogs this morning instead.
I like that you've got so many projects going on and you're tending to all of them. Well, maybe not the cowls....
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks all! I hope the snow holds off too, for a long while!

Ooh, a llama, Sara? That sounds cute. I might try something easy in the next couple of weeks, a tuque for baby.
Crystal Collier said…
I feel especially warm and cozy, staring out my window at palm trees and sunny skies. God bless Florida!

Way to set and reach for your goals!
vamp_writer said…
Lovely pics!

Good luck with your goals! Only 1,000 words to go on Larksong! You can do it!
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks Crystal and Erin!