M is for... Music

Back in 2011, I held a week-long contest to celebrate the fact that I'd reached my 500th post, after nearly four years of blogging.
At the time, I sorted many of my previous posts into groups, which made for easy referencing, especially of story material.

(Also because I've never tagged my posts!)

When I celebrated reaching my 1000th post during last year's A to Z Challenge there wasn't time to sort all the posts between 2011 and 2016.


What better time than now?

I’m actually going to go over 1,000, and collate all posts to the end of 2016! And I’m going to link to every single post (except for the A to Z posts, which are mostly summarized), something I didn’t do in my original 500 compilation, or even in my 900th post compilation.

I’ve got lots of fun themes coming up for each day -- and each day will also highlight a fellow blogger or two!

Today is...

Music!







Whisky Trench Riders and here

30 Day Song Challenge and reposted as part of the Songs for the International Day of Happiness

U2 and here

More Whisky Trench Riders!
WTR #4
WTR #5
WTR #6
WTR #7
WTR #8
WTR #9 -- chatting with author Joe Hill!
WTR #10
WTR #11
WTR #12
WTR #13 -- an interview!
WTR #14
WTR #15
WTR #16
WTR #17
WTR #18
WTR #19
WTR #20
WTR #21

After all that, here's a video!


The Magnetic Fields

The Irish Rovers, and Springsteen

Runrig and here (and a poem by Stephen Watts)

George Formby

Happy Mondays and here

The Divine Comedy

The Beatles

Pearl Jam

The Catalyst

Pulp
 
Songs of Summer blogfest
 
Marion
 
Canadian music playlist
 
Idlewild

My Ambient Mixer channel!

Amanda Palmer, Richard Thompson, and REM

Bowie


Today’s featured blogger is... Jemi Fraser!



Which bands and songs have you featured on your blog?

Comments

Nick Wilford said…
Pretty cool selection there. I think our music tastes are quite in sync. I had to click on the Idlewild link - one of my all time faves, they don't get nearly enough of a mention. And Marion - wow, I've hardly heard of them since the heady days of the mid-90s!
Hi Deniz - looking at Nick's comment ... seems like you've a good selection here - some I know, some not ...

Jemi supports lots of blogging authors .. good mention - cheers Hilary - have a lovely Easter ...

http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/m-is-for-melton-mowbray-market-national.html
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks Nick and Hilary!
I'm still upset I never got to see Marion live :P