X is for... eXpat life: Posts from Switzerland, France, Germany, and Italy

Back in 2011, I held a week-long contest to celebrate the fact that I'd reached my 500th post, after nearly four years of blogging.

At the time, I sorted many of my previous posts into groups, which made for easy referencing, especially of story material. (Also because I've never tagged my posts!)

When I celebrated reaching my 1000th post during last year's A to Z Challenge there wasn't time to sort all the posts between 2011 and 2016.

What better time than now?

I’m actually going to go over 1,000, and collate all posts to the end of 2016! And I’m going to link to every single post (except for the A to Z posts, which are mostly summarized), something I didn’t do in my original 500 compilation, or even in my 900th post compilation.

I’ve got lots of fun themes coming up for each day -- and each day will also highlight a fellow blogger or two!

Today is...

Xpat life - posts from Switzerland, France, Germany, and Italy!






All the posts in the 2014 A To Z Challenge: The move to Switzerland!: Featuring the journey, the baby, cats, don’t panic, everything I don’t know, free time, Geneva, Helvetica, bird’s eye views, the Jet d’Eau, panoramic photos, Lac Leman, weather, Nyon, Outlander, Ariana Park, questions, Jean Etienne Liotard, renverse, four languages, Tolkien, upcoming book releases, Medeia Sharif, writing updates, cliches, wish you were here, and the Whisky Trench Riders

Irvine Welsh and Linwood Barclay at the Geneva International Book Fair (and peacocks!)

Boat tours

Nature, and here

Geneva and Lausanne

Sion

Freddie Mercury, Deep Purple, and photos

Beaches and a Quebecois food stall

Jeune Genevois (thanksgiving!)

Bern and William Tell

Escalade and winter photos

Coffee break

Grenoble

Spring photos

Interlaken and Lauterbrunnen

Museums

Neuchatel

Coppet

Morges

Rolle

Tolochenaz and Audrey Hepburn

The Descent of the Cows (and Founex): 2015 and 2016

Founex

Founex #2

Paris

Montreux

Palais des Nations and sunrises and sunsets

St Prex and Founex in the snow, and a crow

Zoo La Garenne

Founex #3

Venice

A drone video of Founex

Richard Burton

Prince

A peacock

Lord Byron and Villa Diodati

United Nations awarded the Olympic Cup

Palais des Nations #2

Swiss books (later I reviewed Joel Dicker and shared photos of his talk at the Geneva Book Fair)

Papercutting

Coppet and Zoo La Garenne #2

Geneva and Nyon

Founex #4

Freiburg, Germany, and Basel, Switzerland

Morges #2

Prangins



Today’s featured blogger is... Alex Cavanaugh!


What are your travel plans for this year?

Comments

I wish I could travel like you do; someday, I will, once I have enough money. But I'll mainly be home for the summer, doing research, which means long days at the library, sighhh...
Deniz Bevan said…
Ooh, but it's lovely to be at the library! Maybe you can take weekend getaways -- those are always good for clearing one's head!