Jaunt Round the Blogosphere! Also, I Need a Title!

I blog, you blog, he/she/it blogs...


I'm visiting blogs and bloggers today that I haven't had a chance to visit in weeks. Come with me!


First we're off to see Ninja Captain Alex Cavanaugh... And then over to Hilary in England...

And Trisha in Australia!

Then it's off to see:

The DMS


For ROW80, I have a new goal this week -- I have to change the title of At Summer's End. Here's the blurb:

Having completed her medical studies at home in Canada, Ayşe is visiting her grandparents in Istanbul for an extended break before throwing herself into residency work. Her vacation heats up a notch when she meets Hakan, who is working for Doctors Without Borders in southern Turkey.

They share an intense afternoon on a sun-drenched, secluded rooftop -- and then he disappears.

Just when Ayşe's decided to chalk up their affair as a one-time pleasure, he's back -- calling from the camps where he’s based, asking her to join him. She's got this summer for leaps of faith, before she returns to real life and responsibility, and when Hakan meets her at the bus station the next day, a passionate interlude on a desolate hilltop reinforces all that he’s already come to mean to her. Yet when she meets the other doctors at the camps and discovers he’s been hiding a life-altering secret, she remembers why she's always put work before relationships. Until now.

For once Ayşe will have to trust her heart, and give Hakan a chance to prove his good intentions, if she decides they'll be together at summer's end.

It's an erotic short story, and I need a suitably steamy title...





Speaking of summer, would you believe I haven't gone swimming at all yet this summer? I've got to get in the lake this weekend!

Please share some blogs you think everyone should visit!

Can you think of a title for my short story?

Comments

Unknown said…
Hmmm...a steamy title. I'm drawing a blank today. I hope you find one. You might just have to let it percolate for awhile.

Thanks for including me in the jaunt!
I'm so glad you came by to visit me! It's been awhile since I've been to your blog as well. Many changes but it looks great!
vamp_writer said…
I was about to suggest Leaps of Faith, but that's not very steamy.

I am also drawing blanks. :(

Heat Devils? Or something that has to do with the way the heat ripples pavement (and rooftops?)....Could apply to the steaminess, and also whatever Hakan's secret is (he's presented her with a heat mirage, it seems)...

Thanks for visiting!
S.P. Bowers said…
Thanks for putting me on the list!

Why do you have to change the name? I think it works and sounds great. But, I know there are reasons....Hmmmm....Maybe something that plays into summer loving/fling. Something about trust? No, that's not very steamy.

I can't even name my own WIP.

Good luck!
Wow, Deniz! I love the changes you've made to your blog. Great job!

Also, love your back cover blurb; I would absolutely want to read more just based on that. (One sentence confused me though. "She's got this summer for leaps of faith..." That's such an odd usage of the colloquialism that I wasn't sure what to make of it.)

As for titles, I'll be honest, I like Summer's End. With the right cover art (something exotic and oh-so-Turkish), all the "heat" will come through.

-Taylor
PS: Super surprised and pleased to see my blog on your list of visits. Thanks so much for the shout out!
Laurel Garver said…
I think Summer's End sounds like women's fiction. Hmm. You have lots of "interludes" on tops of things--rooftop, hilltop. Maybe you can come up with some titles around "on top" which has built in connotations, right?
Tamara Narayan said…
Thanks for including me in the blog list! There's so many great bloggers out there.

I love that you incorporated exotic locals together with Doctors Without Borders and romance--wonderful mix there. Steamy title: Hearts Without Borders. Okay, that may be to cutsie, but couldn't help myself.
Hi Deniz - thanks for the link. I certainly hope you get swimming .. but here our weather has changed - the heat has gone.

The topic of Doctors Without Borders within the story of Summer's End - or it's new title sounds a great idea, especially as you know Turkey so well. Summer's End that pulsates with steamy thoughts ... A Summer's End that Throbs ... probably not good titles - but perhaps ideas ...

Cheers and good luck - enjoy the weekend - Hilary
Susan Kane said…
I thought I had posted a comment.

Title: Summer's Peak

This sounds like an interesting erotic book. Just what I need to stir up some hormones.
Nick Wilford said…
Thanks for including me on the visiting list!

Hmm, I'm notoriously bad at titles. Playing on the camps angle, how about Love In Tents? As in "intense". Probably doesn't work if you have to explain it. Ah well, I told you I was bad!
Trisha said…
Thank you for picking me out to visit, Deniz :) It means a lot to me!

That story sounds amazing! I love that it's got a Turkish guy in it and is sit in Turkey.

I can't think of a title... argh. Have you come up with one yet?
Deniz Bevan said…
Glad you guys all like the story idea! It's got its title now, I hope I can reveal it soon on the blog!