Tolkien Reading Day and End-of-Round for ROW80

This Sunday is Tolkien Reading Day!

Tolkien Reading Day "has been organised by the Tolkien Society since 2003 to encourage fans to celebrate and promote the life and works of J.R.R. Tolkien by reading favourite passages. We particularly encourage schools, museums and libraries to host their own Tolkien Reading Day events."

"The theme of Tolkien Reading Day 2018 is Home and Hearth: the many ways of being a Hobbit. What will you be reading?"

I think I'll go back to my copy of The History of The Hobbit, which I've still not finished reading! I also haven't even started my copy of Beren and Luthien, published last year. I've been reading less fiction on my commute, and many more articles and texts for school.

Just for fun, here's a screenshot of one of my favourite images of Tolkien's:



As for schoolwork, the first round of the year of A Round of Words in 80 Days has ended! Let's see how I did on my ROW80 goals...

enter handwritten edits to The Handful of Time (working title) and reread: this did not happen
query Druid's Moon: I didn't end up doing this. Still on the list
query The Charm of Time: I did! One partial request still out there...
keep editing Mystery at Bertram's Hotel (working title) on paper: I finished this!
back to school!: This is what took up most of my time

I also started two craft projects and finished one!
Supplies

Learning the chain stitch

The first letter!

And there's my name. This will become part of a bigger project with a few friends

A new blanket! I have a few more colours to add...


I seem to have been smart back in January, and already have moved some of the round 1 items to round 2:
enter handwritten edits to The Handful of Time
enter handwritten edits to Mystery at Bertram's Hotel
do required research for both and come up with proper titles
keep querying
think about short story anthology
essays for school!

The only item I'd add is to query Druid's Moon

Especially because it looks like, sadly, I won't be able to do the A to Z Blog Challenge this year. It'll be my first year missing it since I joined in back in 2012!

Whew! I think it's time for breakfast:

Will you be taking part in the A to Z?

Comments

Hi Deniz - you are always so busy ... with lots going on - I'm not surprised you've decided to give the A-Z a miss ... and I know you'll regret it - but you'll be able to finish some other things ... take care and all the best - the History of the Hobbit sounds interesting ... I'll have to remember it - cheers Hilary
I've never done the A-Z blogging before but then again I don't know if I could come up with that many posts in one month. And the craft projects look pretty, especially the blanket.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you both!