Friday Five Questionnaire! Also, I'm Not Doing the A to Z But...

Last linky post!


This year, I'm not doing the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge, but am sharing weekly linky posts anyway!


I'd meant to do one each day, reposting travel photos for each letter, but unfortunately couldn't find the time to arrange them in advance. Happy to report that my ROW80 goals are coming along -- all my schoolwork is done! And I used my week off to start entering the handwritten edits for The Handful of Time and I caught up on blog comments! Almost. Boy, I'd missed you all!


V is for...Vancouver. Except that apparently our trip there was before I started sharing travel photos on the blog. So instead, under various, we have: Richard Burton, ditties from childhood, the Decorah eagles live stream, and a Friday Five questionnaire, which seems to have actually come to pass in many surprising ways. I'm going to repost that one below.

W is for...wineries and vineyards

X is for...x marks the spot: Founex village, and Founex part two

Y is for...Yverdon les Bains

Z is for...Basel Zoo and Zoo de la Garenne


Back in 2010, I was tagged by Talli Roland on the Friday Five questionnaire: Answer 5 questions 5 times and then tag 5 people to play. My answers from then are copied below. It's amazing how resonant they are.

Question 1: Where were you 5 years ago? (my answers span the summers of 2004-2006)
On vacation in England and Scotland and Wales and Turkey
Planning my wedding
Reading Diana Gabaldon’s books for the first time
Joining the Compuserve Books and Writers Community
Starting to write again after not having had any inspiration for a couple of years!

Question 2: Where would you like to be 5 years from now?
In a new house, possibly by the water, possibly in another country
Possibly with a puppy, which my cats will get along with
A gardener (I can’t say ‘a better gardener’ because I’m not any kind of gardener at the moment.)
With an agent! And with a book deal!
A regular attendee at the Surrey International Writers’ Conference – and meeting some of my forum and blog friends

Question 3: What 5 things are (were) on your to-do list today?
Comment on blogs posts and put up a new post
Write a new scene
Revise my query letter (ugh!)
Finish reading research books before the library sends someone out to wrench them from my hands (yes, they’ve been renewed a few times too many.)
Think of what to have for dinner, buy the groceries and make it. Any suggestions?
(Oh yes, and go to work.)

Question 4: What 5 snacks do you enjoy?
Dark chocolate (99%) with coffee
A bowlful of apples
Olive bread with butter
Tortilla chips
Celery

Question 5: What 5 things would you do if you were a billionaire?
Leave work and focus on writing full time
Sail along the Mediterranean and travel more (and visit Talli’s vineyard!)
Finally fix up one room in our house as a real library and not stint myself in buying books
Get a farm, including sheep, alpaca, etc. for spinning my own wool, and grow organic plants (including lavender, olive trees, etc.)
Home school


I'm not tagging anyone directly, but please play along!
Would love to see your replies.

Comments

Doomsday Writer said…
I've thought about doing the A to Z April Challenge but I keep chickening out because I'm not sure what I'd talk about. Glad to hear your goals are coming along, especially the edits.
Hi Deniz - wonderful ... so glad things are coming together for you ... has Talli got a vineyard - wouldn't put it past her!! Lovely to see you .. cheers Hilary
Deniz Bevan said…
If Talli had a vineyard, I'd visit every year!