IWSG Day! Also, I'm Not Doing the A to Z But...

I'm not doing the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge this year, but might do these weekly linky posts anyway!

I'd meant to do one each day, reposting travel photos for each letter, but unfortunately couldn't find the time this year.




Instead, here's a quick roundup:

A is for...all around the United States, road trip 1
B is for...Bern
C is for...St Cergue and the Descent of the Cows
D is for...Dover
E is for...Edinburgh and Culross and Dunfermline
F is for...Fribourg, Switzerland and Freiburg, Germany
G is for...neighbours! Paris and Divonne-les-Bains
H is for...Holmfirth
I is for...Istanbul and the Bosphorus, and elsewhere in Turkey -- also featuring my oldest email saved online (I have older ones that are in print only)

Today is also Insecure Writer's Support Group Day!

This month's question is rather timely, as I'm trying frantically to catch up with my main ROW80 goal, which is to finish my final essay for school. Due next week! Ack!

Question: When your writing life is a bit cloudy or filled with rain, what do you do to dig down and keep on writing?

For non-fiction, I try to do a little at a time, often. Anything that feels like progress provides motivation for the next step.
For fiction, well, I do have this writing tip:

What are your tips for how to keep writing (and editing)?

Comments

End with a question - I'll remember that one.
Hi Deniz - it's so good to see the link to those posts ... and I'll get back to them sometime ... life A-Zing is challenging in its own right ... let alone other things!! Good luck with that essay - so I won't leave this with a question ... but I could ask when is Spring really coming! Still not so cold today ... but I can't even see the mountains ... cheers Hilary
Crystal Collier said…
I've heard that advice before and definitely used it many, many a time. It's gold if ever there was.
Anonymous said…
That's a great tip. One worth trying at least.
Anonymous said…
Holmfirth. <3
Anonymous said…
I really like this tip, and the distinction between the uses of how and why questions!

Between A-Z, CampNaNo, and still adjusting to life as a widow with two teens, I totally forgot about IWSG this month! Hopefully, I will be more settled by the next one!

Good luck with your essay!
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks, everyone!