Photos from a Trip to Thun (repost) and ROW80

There I was, ready to share photos from a long-ago visit to Thun, when I realised I'd already posted the best ones.

And even back in that post, I was talking of being all out of brain power!

I'm reposting it, and then will explain below my current reasons for being depleted.

***

Photos!

I'm all out of brain power -- and so far behind in visiting other blogs! -- in the last two weeks of school.

Not to mention that NaNo is going strong. I'm juggling the pacing of the end of the story at the moment, trying to save myself a lot of rewriting later. Although I've left a trail of too many "insert this scene" and "figure out this murder plot" notes behind me. No one ever said that planning a murder investigation was easy!

Hope you enjoy these photos of a recent weekend visit to Thun, a town near Interlaken in Switzerland:


 Thun marketplace


 Signposts! Showing the distances to Rome, London, and many other places

 Interesting mural on the steps up to the castle

 View from the hotel room!



 Paintings inside the church on castle hill


 Church and castle



 Views over Lake Thun from castle hill

 16th century house on castle hill


 Playing in autumn leaves!

 European street with interesting humped mountain in the background


 Train station

 Returning to our lake, Lac Leman

 Sunrise

NaNoWriMo writing spot! The Auberge Guillaume Tell in a nearby village

Are you writing for NaNo?
Have you snapped any sunrise or sunset photos lately?

***end of repost***


I'm currently trying to finish up my last assignment for the current course, before my next course starts on Monday -- I don't get a summer vacation this year!

The assignment is a challenge, as I need to create a video, something I've never done before.

As for my ROW80 goals for Round 2, which has just started, I'm still trying to slowly edit The Handful of Time. But the April exercise on the Lit Forum is helping me!

500-word short story

For this challenge, the goal is to compose a complete short story (500 words or less) over the course of 5 weeks (we’ll slop into May a little bit). Each week you’ll be given six, randomly-generated prompt words, five of which are to be incorporated into that week’s submission of your story. (There will be a separate thread which will only be for the prompt words.) For each week’s submission, you can only add a maximum of 100 words, which includes the prompt words. The story structure of what to generate each week is as follows:

Week 1: Intro of setting/characters/inciting incident
Week 2: Act I - Rising action, development of conflict
Week 3: Act II - Twists and Reversals
Week 4: Act III - Climax and resolution
Week 5: Denouement

As you can see, this challenge incorporates tight word-count editing, bare-bones storytelling, and dealing with the unexpected.

When was the last time you wrote some flash fiction?

Comments

Hi Deniz - love the photos of Thun ... must be lovely being around villages and towns in Switzerland. Good luck with your flash fiction ... not for me! Cheers Hilary