ROW80, Knitting, and Artefacts

Miscellaneous!

Remembering Binyavanga Wainaina.

A Round of Words in 80 Days: Still a few weeks to go in Round 2. My main goal was to keep going on research for Captive of the Sea. This is...not happening. I wrote more of the epilogue as part of the May writing exercise on thelitforum.

Otherwise, I've been working on assignments for school, and knitting some more!

Knitting!

I had a few moments to tidy up my bookshelf of pattern books and printed patterns, and found a couple of good things.
Testing a hat... I didn't quite get the resizing right, so it became another baby hat!



Pumpkin!


Wristies!

Who's got a problem?

The first blanket I ever knit!
I made so many of these back in the day. it's a really soothing pattern to work on.

The scarf pattern I got when I once purchased wool at a church fair!


Have you found a memento or other interesting photograph or artefact lately?

Comments

It all looks good. Hat is glittery!
Jeff said…
Nice work. My daughter has gotten into spinning her own wool yard.

www.thepulpitandthepen.com
Thanks for the link to the LitForum. Loved the variety of hats, too. My mother taught me to knit when I was young, but that was a very long time ago, and I haven't been able to keep it up. :)
Hi Deniz - little ones grow fast don't they ... but always good to have a present tucked away. Congratulations on all you do - all the best - Hilary
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks all!

I have a drop spindle, but haven't quite learned how to use it yet...