New Kait Nolan! and Some Landscape Photos

Back to Eden's Ridge!

Our Kind of Love
Men of the Misfit Inn - book 2
One of Nashville’s fastest rising stars, Kyle Keenan has it all—fame, fans, and a chance at fortune. But the dream he’s busted his tail for means nothing without the woman who holds his heart. With her sassy smile and pull-no-punches attitude, Abbey is his greatest love—and his greatest regret. When he’s confronted in a live TV interview about alleged involvement with a country music starlet, Kyle blurts out he’s already engaged…to Abbey.
Abbey Whittaker has come a long way from the starry-eyed six-year-old who made a marriage pact with her best friend. With a thriving business, a loving family, and a tight-knit group of friends, she’s put away childish things. She long ago banished Kyle from her life, so the last thing she expects is him walking through her door or the blistering kiss that follows.
Kyle is desperate to convince Abbey that a fake engagement is the best way to get the media off her back—and his. And it just might give him a chance to fix what he destroyed. Even as these two frenemies remember all the reasons they wanted to be lovers, another blast from Kyle’s past returns, threatening to expose the secret he’s spent his entire career hiding.
When truths come to light, will love conquer all or will Kyle lose everything?

In a recent author newsletter, Kait said:

“Why are you gonna love Our Kind of Love?
1. Friends (or sort of frenemies) to lovers
2. Second chance romance
3. Fake engagement
4. You'll finally find out what the heck Kyle actually DID ten years ago
5. More cameos from your Misfit Inn favorites
6. More Ari (natch)
7. The scene in the apple orchard 😍
8. Broccoli and cheese (trust me)
9. Serenading
10. Meeting future prospective Men of Misfit Inn heroes
11. A matchmaking octogenarian
12. Not your standard rockstar/musician romance”

I agree!

I think this is my favourite Misfit Inn/Eden's Ridge novel so far!

I usually find it difficult to choose between the characters, but Kyle and Abbey grabbed me from the first page. I loved the way they both recognised that this was a second chance they had to take, and they never stopped doubting each other, even when circumstances (and some negative people) threatened to keep them apart. One of the best parts of these books is the extended family and friends, and it was great to catch glimpses of the next generation on Eden's Ridge (adorable babies!) and a sneak peek at Ari's future romance (shh!).

If that seems a bit insider-y, don't worry; you don't need to have read any of the previous books to follow the story of Abbey and Kyle (broccoli and cheese!), and to be up way too late finding out what happens next -- though I have to admit that this time, i didn't do that! I wanted to stay with them a bit longer, and have the story linger, so for the first time, I actually put it down and picked it up the next night. Yup, favourite book in the series!


Some landscape photos, old and new!

Spot the butterfly!


Swiss cows! Yes, they have bells!

Photos by my mother, from many years ago. The house in Turkey that I miss

The road behind our house

The beach. A deceptive photo because it hides the crowds. Also sad, because I can see the gaps where rocks should be, that were dynamited to make space for hotels

My grandmother, who passed away a few years ago.



Storks!

View from the road

My favourite stretch of water anywhere in the world, a cove of the Aegean Sea

This is the longest I've ever gone without visiting Turkey, a whole decade now!

Me in Istanbul, 2009 (my list trip was in 2011)

Wonder what their favourite views will be?


Is there a place that you're missing?

Comments

Hi Deniz - the book sounds interesting ... I must look out for a Kait Nolan when I feel like spending time in the library and can just look. Beautiful views - I can imagine you miss Turkey so much and would love to show your children your childhood home. I miss Cornwall of old ... but other places too - still we're lucky we've been able to travel and see different parts of the world. Enjoy the Swiss views - stunning ... cheers Hilary
Chrys Fey said…
Was that a butterfly? Aw. It almost looked like a flower to me.
Deniz Bevan said…
Glad you both enjoyed the photos :-)
This looks like a good book! I like the idea of a second chance romance, especially for two people who knew each other when they were children but grew up to be different people; it's interesting to find out how they reconnected. I've always wondered if people make pacts like that with their friends in real life and if they ever followed through on that.
Deniz Bevan said…
Oh my! You've just reminded me that a small group of us actually did, once... Right here in the place in these photos, actually. At the time, there was no social media or anything, so we thought we would lose touch if we didn't make a concerted effort. happy to say that, especially during lockdowns and everything, we've made even more of an effort to have regular chats online! <3