Photos of Various Travels Part I: Turkey

Photo posts!

It's summertime in our hemisphere and work and life are busy. I don't have any vacations coming up in the next few weeks, so I'm going to catch up on sharing photos from previous trips.

In between writing, of course! I'm still trying to finish the draft of The Future in Time, but in between I write a new short piece for a contest! And I'm trying to find homes for some of my other short pieces...

The first batch is photos I should have shared a long time ago. A very long time ago. In 2008!

If I remember correctly, this was my second-to-last trip to Turkey (I haven't been back since 2011, which is the longest stretch I've ever gone without visiting). I only shared a handful of photos at the time!

Let's remedy that now:

All the photos are of two separate trips, one across the water from the Galata neighbourhood to visit family and celebrate my (now, very sadly, deceased) grandmother's birthday, and the other a trip with my uncle and sister to the Spice Bazaar and the Grand Bazaar, as well as a museum (love those paintings!).

I hope to travel there again soon!

Where have you travelled to recently?

Comments

cleemckenzie said…
I love Turkey and am fortunate to have friends there, so visiting is even more exciting. Great pictures.
Hi Deniz - I've never visited ... but would love to. You must miss it so much ... I do hope you can take your family there sometime soon - cheers Hilary
What awesome photos, Deniz. They are beautiful! I've never been to Turkey, but after these photos, I'd love to visit. Thanks so much for sharing them with your followers. All best to you!
I must admit that I'm envious of you for being a world traveler; I honestly haven't left the country in more than twenty years, not since I studied abroad in Spain for one summer when I was in college. Someday, I hope to remedy that, once I save up enough money.