Photo Interlude! Stockholm Weekend

Välkommen till Stockholm!

Welcome to Stockholm!

I had an opportunity in the spring to take a weekend away with a friend in Stockholm, and I jumped at the chance!

Here are some of the sites we saw:

Checking out who's on the money...and book for the plane! A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (made me cry)


Leaving Geneva...






Flying past Öland...

View from the hotel!


Record store!
Young me would have bought a lot of stuff but older me either already had them (all the Roxette!)
or knew I wouldn't be able to carry it...


Dinner!





Images of older days...
Fisk! A coffee break with a cinnamon roll, yum!


Gamla stan, the old town










There's no IKEA in the city centre! Only this kitchen department.
Probably better, I couldn't have carried back those purchases either (I travelled with only cabin baggage!)























View of our hotel
Drinks! After a day of walking

Swedish meatballs with lingonberries

Sunset over Stockholm



Mini ROW80 update: editing on Larksong continues!
I still have about 15k worth of scenes in old notebooks to type up; words that I haven't reread in a decade.
Sometimes they're okay, sometimes they're utter drivel. Past me left out a lot of detail!

Have you rediscovered any old writing?

Where was your last weekend away?

Comments

Hi Denise - lovely photo of you ... yellow suits you! What a wonderful trip away ... I gather Stockholm is very beautiful with all the islands ... I'd love to visit one day. Gosh I was last away last with friends north of London ... we have more days planned, sometime! Cheers Hilary
Deniz Bevan said…
Aww, thank you, Hilary!
I already have a new list going of places still to see in London, there's always more to discover there. I haven't even been to Kew or Greenwich yet!