Photos of Lake Geneva, Ducks, and Boats Part 3/3

Boats!

Part 3 of my series on boats!

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying,
The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying.
West, west away, the round sun is falling.
Grey ship, grey ship, do you hear them calling,
The voices of my people that have gone before me?
I will leave, I will leave the woods that bore me;
For our days are ending and our years failing.
I will pass the wide waters lonely sailing.
Long are the waves on the Last Shore falling,
Sweet are the voices in the Lost Isle calling,
In Eressëa, in Elvenhome that no man can discover,
Where the leaves fall not: land of my people for ever!"
Legolas' song, from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

A port along Lake Geneva/Lac Leman

Flags

Setting sail... Metaphorically speaking





The Jet d'Eau in the distance

A paddle steamer!





Silvery trees

A treehouse!

A lovely house on the lakeshore



Hello, swan



A clipper(?)!

Yoga by the lake...





Planes coming in to land

Curious ducks!


The Surrey International Writers' Conference has wrapped up and NaNoWriMo is in full swing! I'll share some snips of the new story on the blog as soon as I can.

Do you love boats?
Please send some writing prompts my way!

Comments

Wonderful photos! I wonder how many ghosts that house on the lake has.
Hi Deniz - I bet the kids loved the trip and seeing all the different things ... I rather like the look of that house by the lake ... good luck with NaNo and that you enjoyed the Surrey International Writer's Conference ...

I'm happy on boats - as long as I don't have to look after them! Plenty of prompts on my blog (perhaps) or the WEP ones ... cheers Hilary
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you, both!
Ooh, a ghost story on the lake, that would be intriguing...
Good idea about WEP prompts, Hilary, thanks!