Art for My Story! Plus ROW80 and a Blue Rodeo Anniversary

R

ound three of A Round of Words in 80 Days!

My start-of-Round-2 goals were:


1. Larksong: I need to finish entering all the edits on paper and finish research
2. A Stitch in Time: I need to edit this thing because...
3. A Stitch in Time outtake: I need to finish drafting this, so I can possibly issue both stories together! [one scene edited and posted!]
4. The Flight of Time: It's ready to go! I just need to finish the synopsis!

Instead of working on those, I wrote a handful of new stories! Links are available on my ko-fi page (yes, I'm set up to receive donations, but any and all amounts received will go back to supporting other creators!).

I know we're all getting tired of seeing the same story titles in this list!

For the next round then, I'm going to consolidate a bit. My goals are...

1. Larksong and A Stitch in Time: finish edits
2. The Flight of Time synopsis: enter beta changes
3. post a bunch of stories: A Stitch in Time outtake chapter 2, story to be posted 12 July, story to be posted 17 July, short story to publish, enter SIWC contest
4. finish drafting next long story (set in Switzerland!)
5. draft chapter three of Into the Woods story
The main focus is #4!


It's the 30th anniversary of Five Days in July, the brilliant album by Blue Rodeo.

I've got two songs from that album on one of my story playlists:




I commissioned art for the first time!

This is for my story The Maiden's Tower, set in c.1498 in Constantinople
 
Gorgeous art by the wonderful wenskiii

Isn't it beautiful?

Have you ever commissioned art before?

Comments

I never commissioned art specifically. I did have a friend make a badge for me for a convention. And I've drawn work for pay once.

Loved listening to the songs... thank you for posting it, Deniz.

I think you're wise to be consolidating your goals. After so long of seeing us all spreading ourselves super thin, I wonder if we all shouldn't be doing a little trimming of our ambitions. I mean, it's always possible to add something else when we finish a thing... but it stinks when we miss our goals.

The images are delightful. You chose a great artist.
J Lenni Dorner said…
Keep working toward those goals!
July 4 is Alice in Wonderland Day, a commemoration of when the story was first told to the Liddell sisters by Lewis Carroll in 1862.

J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Speculative Fiction &Reference Author, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, and Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you, both!
I've put a lot of projects on the back burner lately, and keep telling myself it's okay if I don't come back to them...