Songs of Summer Blogfest Revisited

Songs of Summer!

A while ago, we had a Songs of Summer blogfest. I looked at my old post and it was riddled with other things in and around the songs, so the time has come for a new post!

The original guide was:

"Post your top five favorite summer songs, and explain why they're you're favourites.

My songs at the time (three songs and two albums) were:


The Divine Comedy - The Pop Singer's Fear of the Pollen Count
It's about summer!
What more could you ask for?
"I'm in love with the summertime..."


Margarita, by Whisky Trench Riders
Romance by the sea...


Idlewild - You Held the World In Your Arms
You know how sometimes you hear a song and you have no idea what it is or who sings it but you must find out? This happened to me over a decade ago with this band, with this song.
And it was summertime!


Sezen Aksu - the album Gülümse
The first song on this album was a huge hit in Turkey many summers ago, and Sezen Aksu herself is one of the grande dames of Turkish pop music. My sister and I had this album on tape and listened to it endlessly.

Britpop!

This is the playlist I created for the Help! album to benefit War Child.
It's a good sample of some of the bands I loved during the 90s and reminds me of all the times I spent listening to their albums during summer vacations (well, all year round, really), as well as all the friends I made thanks to these bands and their music.

Here are the songs I'm now adding!


Pulp - Got To Have Love



The Small Faces - Lazy Sunday



Roxette - Fireworks


I thought I could add a song here and a song there, but it turns out I'm not very good at picking summertime anthems. I have many playlists!


Gorky's Zygotic Mynci and Blue Rodeo



Neil Finn and more



Simple Minds - Someone, Somewhere in Summertime

And two story playlists!

For Valentina and Justin's story, Summer Blaze:


And for Summer Fire! I still have my review contest open!

H

ello, it's contest time!


Summer Fire is out in the wild

and the anniversary of publication month is coming up!

Summer Fire by Deniz Bevan
The Dirty Bits from Carina Press "give you what you want, when you want it. Designed to be read in an hour or two," these "microromances are guaranteed to pack a punch and deliver a happily-ever-after."


"'You know how it is with Canadians. We come alive in the summer.'

Ayse had resigned herself to an interesting—but in the end unromantic—trip visiting family in Istanbul. Great-aunts, touristy sites and endless meals…until she meets fellow doctor Hakan.

All tanned skin and defined muscle under his polo shirt, his kisses cut off her breath, making her dizzy. His every touch is a thrill.

Ayse wants all of Hakan at once. His sweet mouth, the heat of his body against hers, their heartbeats slowing together.

A holiday romance might give her some blazing memories come the lonely winter, but maybe, just maybe, the fire between them doesn’t have to be as fleeting as the summer.

For those times when size does matter. The Dirty Bits from Carina Press: quick and dirty, just the way we like it.

One-click with confidence. This title is part of the Carina Press Romance Promise: all the romance you’re looking for with an HEA/HFN. It’s a promise!"


Here's a lovely shot of Heybeliada, one of the Princes Islands, which features in part of the story. 


Thank you to every one of you in the blogging community whose supported me over over the years!

If you'd like to enter the contest (cue flashing lights!):
Please leave a review on any one of the sites above,
and share a link to the review in the comments here.
That's it!


And here's the playlist!

Summer Fire playlist, featuring
Whisky Trench Riders, Idlewild, Yaşar, Blue Rodeo, Sezen Aksu, Mes Aieux, Duman, and the Divine Comedy!

 
Do you make playlists for your stories or art?

Comments