The Promised Prophecy

Here's my projected schedule for 2009:

Dec 2008: The Face of A Lion: 6 pages per day, editing with the red pen

Jan 2009: 6 pages per day, entering all edits electronically; Cymbeline (Shakespeare)
to read (last research), house party on Compuserve!

Feb: send to beta readers, work on last bits, finish query (Q) letter; do Outlander
chapter summaries on the Yahoo OutlanderGathering group

March: finish Q letter for Frederick's Flight, send to five agents I've already queried; find more agents

April: reread The Face of A Lion; send more Qs; start drafting for "1492" and "Rose Diary" stories

May: continue drafting and start research

June: send more Qs; see what needs editing in The Face of A Lion; continue research, continue drafting

July: continue drafting and research

Aug: see if I can get a short story out of something, send to magazines

Sept: polish drafts - don't leave editing till last minute!' send more Qs

Oct: how many words am I at?, continue drafting, continue research; send more Qs

Nov: continue drafting, continue research; send more Qs

Dec: continue drafting, continue research; send more Qs

Comments

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said…
Ooh, the red pen...
Wowza! Sounds like you're going to have a very productive year.

Go for it!
Nixy Valentine said…
Wow... you're so organised! I don't know what I'm goingn to have for lunch, much less what I'm going to do in June!

Love the blog, btw!

Mine is at: http://www.nixyvalentine.com Will add a link to yours so I can come back easily!
My Vancouver said…
I am in awe, Deniz.

Hey, I have a plan too. Tonight I'm going to an Inauguration party, tomorrow my brakes get fixed, and Sunday I go hiking. Then, uh, what was the topic?

You go, girl!

Reisa
Deniz Bevan said…
20 pages to go! Thanks Nixy, I've linked to yours too!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Reviews Part Two: Tolkien, Rowling, Tremain, and Mercer

IWSG Day and Library Out of Storage!

Summer Reads and Octopus Photos