Some Early Resolutions - Thank You Contest Still Ongoing

Not much left to the year, is there?

Perhaps it's time for some resolutions - writing related ones, of course!

Let's see if I can break this down month by month for Out of the Water:

January - a relaxed month for edits, but more research is needed

February - tying up loose ends; finding missing names, filling in square brackets, lots more research

March - ramped up edits; checking the themes, imagery, character arcs, and so on

April - possibly another houseparty on the forum! A good time to put the MS aside a little and let it breathe.

May - pick up Out of the Water again. Panic a little. Edit some more. Polish some more.

June - am I ready for betas? Or shall I really put the book aside? Maybe, gasp, start work on the three or four other ideas swilling about in my brain?

July - time to decide. Betas or bust!

August - possible feedback from betas. Good or bad, it'll mean more edits and rewrites, no doubt.

...and I think I'll stop there. Doesn't do to think too far ahead, for things inevitably don't pan out quite the way you'd expect. I can't wait to be able to say, yes this book is ready for sharing with others!

Read more of Kait Nolan's Forsaken by Shadow, here.


Don't forget my 100 followers thank you contest! Sign up here.

Comments

India Drummond said…
Wow.. you're organised! I barely know what I'm doing tomorrow. :)
Deniz Bevan said…
Well it might all be wishful thinking, you know [g]
Talli Roland said…
I'm with India! Wishful thinking or not, you're certainly organised.