Publication Day! IWSG, NaNoWriMo and England Photos Part 2 of 4

Brand new horror stories!

Here's the announcement on the Kendall Reviews site!

And here's an author interview on the Demain Publishing site!

"'Many spirits course through our stolid world, as sure as water flows under the heavy ice. And some of them got real sharp teeth.'
In the first tale (Old Slosh) of this twosome of terror, a stranger ventures out of London to the north and comes face to face with a terrifying creature in an isolated village hidden in the wild moors.
Next (The Wind Chill Factor), a dastardly spirit carried on the wind torments a lone fisherman on the cold lake after he commits a horrific crime of revenge.
Much in the vein of the classic horror tales found in ‘Tales From The Crypt’ and ‘Creepshow’, this latest Short Sharp Shocks! release introduces the reader to a new generation of monsters.
What secrets lie hidden behind the cold face of winter? And is love enough to keep the monsters at bay?"


Out now on Amazon UK and Amazon US!



Today is Insecure Writer's Support Group Day!

December 2 question - Are there months or times of the year that you are more productive with your writing than other months, and why?

That's a really good question! I don't think I have specific times. There's always NaNoWriMo of course (see below!), but the only time I really get into writing is when I have an idea for a short story, when I write non-stop until it's done, and during writers' houseparties on the Forum, when any moment taken away from the unfolding tale has me longing to dive back into the story world. 

The awesome co-hosts for the December 2 posting of the IWSG are Pat Garcia, Sylvia Ney, Liesbet @ Roaming About Cathrina Constantine, and Natalie Aguirre!



And now for Part 2 of the England Photos: Skipton Castle!

Skipton train station


We got lucky, and showed up on re-enactment day!


The grotto



An old old tree

1649!







The dungeon






The chapel






Coats of arms

The Black Horse pub


No admittance except on [party] business!


Bon appetit!


I'm going to be blogging every two weeks in December instead of every week. I've got to compile my Books Read in 2020 and statistics post! I've also completed NaNoWriMo!




I might have tried to turn around and edit the story right away, but I've actually got to return to Captive of the Sea, which is this close to being beta ready. (That's not much of a check in for ROW80, but I'll have to start all over with proper check ins for that in January!) Just one more read, if I can convince myself that the story is worth rereading...

What are you working on this month?
How are you relaxing?

Comments

Well done Deniz - enjoy the compilation of your books and more time with the family. Congratulations to Ryan - looks an interesting series of horror tales. Skipton - I bet it has some ghosts - it's an aged castle with lots of interesting history ... so glad you all got to visit. Take care and stay safe - Hilary
Chrys Fey said…
Congratulations on winning NaNo!

Thanks for sharing pictures of the Skipton Castle. Very interesting place.
I envy that you live near castles.
Congratulations on beating NaNo.
And it was freezing here this morning - Mini-Alex sure appreciates his scarf.
Leigh Caron said…
Congrats on NaNo...and more great photos. Ah castles! To live near and/or write in one. A castle would make a great setting for a writer's retreat.
I am a total snail writer so NaNo doesn't work for me. But I am impressed by anyone who accomplishes their goals. Congrats!!! Loving all your pictures!
Congrats on Nano! And very cool pictures. :-)
Diane Burton said…
Whoo-hoo! Congrats on NaNo.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks so much, everyone!
It would be awesome to attend a writers' retreat in a castle!
Love picturing mini-Alex in his scarf :-)