IWSG, ROW80, Lots of Photos, and My Book Review Contest!

I

nsecure Writer's Support Group Day is coming up!

And my book review contest is running all month!


Mine is going to be a photo post, mainly, as I'm running a contest all month!

This month's question is: What would make you quit writing?

Short answer: Nothing! I once had a serious case of writer's block that last over a year or two, and the idea that I might have lost that vital part of myself really frightened me. I was never so grateful as when I suddenly had a vision of a boy and a cat, walking backward through time, with the Aegean Sea following them to its location c. AD 43... Part of the reason I try to keep up regular writing habits is because I never want the well to dry up ever again!

Speaking of which, it's time for a new round of A Round of Words in 80 Days goals!

I have four main things on my plate:

Edit Druid's Moon (exciting news on this coming soon!)

Edit the new story and submit to SIWC

Copy-edit a short story collection (not mine!) prior to publication

Revise the query letter for The Charm of Time and send it out (I was pulled from a hat to be featured on Nathan Bransford's blog last week! He had a really pertinent critique to make, and I was also really excited by the comments! (I can't help but wonder if Nathan looked up my blog and posted a painting of a Swiss mountain on purpose!))

The awesome co-hosts for the July 7 posting of the IWSG are Pat Garcia, Victoria Marie Lees, and Louise – Fundy Blue!

And now, photos!

Brownies with homemade whipped cream!

Dinner and desserts!

Interesting carving

Flowers from around our house




Spot the butterfly!



The field across the way

The grapes are coming!


Hay bale!


These roses smell wonderful





River Greny


We have an apple!

Bulk item pickup...by horse and cart!



Summer!


Baby blanket!


Pide! A treat for myself on vaccination day

Writing a new short story!

Yoga at the beach...



...with ducks!


 

Have you reviewed any good books lately?

Please enter the contest!

Comments

Nice photos! I'll take dinner and deserts.
Happy editing.
Lovely photos. And all the best with your editing!
cleemckenzie said…
I love editing, and hope yours goes well.
dolorah said…
Wow, thats a lot of photos, lol. Reminds me of when we had "camera's" and took pictures of everything.

Good luck with the editing and goals. Seems like do-able goals.

I don't get writers block. I just get tired of trying. Shame shame shame :/

Hi Deniz - Nathan seems to know his business and obviously has some excellent advice. Wonderful summer photos for spending time at home and just enjoying being with your young family ... and able to share home-cooked delicious food ...
Then good luck with the editing et al ... and having lots more ideas for new stories - cheers Hilary
Jemi Fraser said…
LOVE the photos!
How very cool to be have your query on Nathan's blog - he's a smart guy. Off to check that out!