A to Z Theme Reveal, CampNaNoWriMo, and Spring Photos

Guess what!

After a five-year hiatus, I'm doing the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge!

#AtoZChallenge 2022 tribute badge

My theme is all about fellow bloggers over the years: interviews, blogfests, blog hops, and all the other fun stuff we've done together!

I've also signed up for CampNaNoWriMo, so that I can finish my story from NaNoWriMo!


April will be busy...

My last A Round of Words in 80 Days post was at the start of the month. Let's see how things are going:

Overall goal list and my goals for ROW80:

Keep up with blogging and thelitforum (plus the reading, knitting, baking, etc.!): I'm keeping up! I owe some comments but I will try to make the rounds more rregularly during the A to Z

The current WiP is The Future in Time (contemporary mystery, Christianne and Rory (third sequel), written NaNoWriMo 2021)
I didn't finish it during NaNo, so I was editing or reworking a scene a day in January and February, then reached the point where I didn't have any scenes left.
Now I'm at 40k, and need about 20k to reach the end (and begin editing all over again!).
I need to keep up with writing a scene a day (at least), so that bythe end of CampNaNo, the draft will be done!

Backburner projects:
Check all "writing to do" and type up all notes on paper and collate all story ideas and ideas from dreams, and all story drafts and research and Save to Scrivener notes in my emails, ideally into my lovely new Kate Davies journal... Organize all Scrivener files: Er, this is moving very slowly, but I'm happy to report that it is moving. My gmail labels are getting more organized by the day!

Figure out what to do with the orts, such as the CampNaNoWriMo2015 story The Heathen in the Hold, and others, including items such as this post-apocalyptic story idea I wrote in 2010, based on a dream, the idea mentioned in my 2016 recap, and all other such half-formed notions: This is not moving at all, except for The Heathen in the Hold, to which I add a few thousand words a year during CampNaNo. On the other hand, I did send out two or three submissions, for The Charm of Time and Captive of the Sea. Rejections all around, boo hoo! The next one to concentrate on, I think, is the short story "The Tattoo"...

Springtime!
Heirloom apples!





I wandered lonely as a cloud...





Fog on the barrow-downs










Bold magpie!






Indifferent peahen!



Early robin





Comfy sparrow!

Steak frites, yum!

Another photo of the moon...

What are your spring plans?

Comments

Hi Deniz - I'll be following you around the A-Z ... I'm not participating but enjoy seeing everyone's posts. Enjoy - and an interesting theme. Wretched magpies - they're already attacking birds' nests with eggs here ... but it's life. Seagulls take our food straight from our hands. Poor old peacock - no success at the moment with the ladies! Good luck and happy Spring - cheers Hilary
cleemckenzie said…
Good luck with your AtoZ month! Love those daffodiles. They always make me happy.
Chrys Fey said…
A theme that honors and celebrated fellow bloggers sounds wonderful.

Have fun with A to Z!