IWSG Day and RIP Glen Hansard

Today is ISWG Day!


Insecure Writer's Support Group

Today is Insecure Writer's Support Group Day!
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time - and return comments. This group is all about connecting!

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

The awesome co-hosts for the June 3 posting of the IWSG are
Shannon Lawrence, Diedre Knight, Liza, and Pat Garcia!

Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say.

August 5 question - As a writer/author what is something you regret? Or something that you wish you'd done differently in your writing process?

I wish I'd learned much sooner that Write Every Day is not just a cliche but a very good practice!
It's not really a regret, but I wish I'd edited my original stories a bit faster, and had many more out on submissions/queries right now!


RIP Glen Hansard

I'm not very good at writing tributes and remembrances, so here are a few videos

A show he performed during lockdown in Ireland


Performing Fairytale of New York with Lisa O’Neill at the funeral of Shane MacGowan of the Pogues


One of the songs I love from Once

What aspects do you highlight in a tribute?

Comments

Leigh Caron said…
Yes, writing everyday is a great habit to have.Thanks for the videos.
Every day makes it a habit.
Crystal Collier said…
You know, one of the best things I ever did was start journaling young. You get into the habbit when you're developing and it sticks. Granted, that's a different kind of writing, right? But it leads to a ease of getting your words down.
Admittedly, I still don't write every day. I've tried, but it's too easy for it to get derailed (for me).
Jeff said…
I write most days but not every day.