Fourth Writers' Platform-building Campaign! and Kate Kaynak's Latest

Kate Kaynak's Operative is coming! This is the fifth book in the Ganzfield series, all about Maddie Dunn and the other G-positives who live at the Ganzfield training facility. I reviewed the third book, Legacy, here.


In the latest book, Maddie and the others (including sparks and minders - and Maddie's boyfriend, a telekinetic (who, because of what happened in the last book, is now afraid to touch her)) have to catch the person selling classified information about them to terrorists - before they become the targets. I'm looking forward to reading it this weekend!


"the Campaign is a way to link those of us in the writing community together with the aim of helping to build our online platforms. The Campaigners are all bloggers in a similar position, who genuinely want to pay it forward, make connections and friends within the writing community, and help build each others' online platforms while at the same time building theirs."

This time around I've limited myself to one Campaign Group: Group 18 - Romance/Contemporary Romance/Sweet Romance/Historical Romance. So far we've got Frost, Christy, Melissa, Kaylie and Synithia. Come join us!

The Campaign runs until Saturday, March 17, 2012. The List of Campaigners closes 15 February, so make sure you sign up before then. We'll be having two challenges, in the weeks of 20 February and 5 March. Rach always sets great challenges, featuring impossible words and fun scenarios. Here are some that I've participated in:

A snip from Out of the Water, tweaked to include the words "imago", "miasma", "lacuna", "oscitate", and "synchronicity".

A snip from Rome, Rhymes and Risk, tweaked to show that: it's morning; a man or a woman (or both) is at the beach; the main character is bored; something stinks behind where he/she is sitting; and something surprising happens. Also involves all fives senses and includes the made-up words "synbatec," "wastopaneer," and "tacise."

Whew! And don't forget, the challenges from the last Campaign were collated into an ebook, Campaigner Challenges 2011:


176 stories from 81 participants, including mine. All proceeds go to Help Harry Help Others to fund research on brain cancer.

Welcome to all campaigners!

Comments

S.P. Bowers said…
I'm so torn on whether or not I should do that campaign. Arggg. Can't someone make this decision for me?
Zan Marie said…
I'm not going to join the Campaign this time. I'm just too busy with the history and a bit fatigued. Y'all have fun. ; )
Thanks for the Ganzfield love, Deniz!
Kaylie Austen said…
Tag, you're it! Drop on by to get 11 random fun fact questions from one campaigner to another.
Golden Eagle said…
Hooray for the Campaign!

I thought about just signing up for one group, but I just couldn't resist adding my name to several. :P
Rek Sesh said…
I joined the campaign this time...Look forward to your posts.
And the series seem interesting given my WIP is based on a a group of people with these and other powers.
Misha Gerrick said…
I also signed up, but I still need to do the post. :-)
Deniz Bevan said…
Hey Sara and Zan Marie - I limited myself to one group for this campaign, instead of stretching across all the separate YA, MG, historical and romance groups. I'm hoping the challenges will help me keep me going in filling up missing scenes!

Happy to do it, Kate. Just put up a review on Goodreads!

Ooh, fun, Kaylie! On my way over.

That's what I did last round, Eagle!

It's a great series, Rek!

Looking forward to your post, Misha!
Marcy said…
Deniz,

What a great set of blogs you have! I enjoyed reading your bits from the last campaign challenges and look forward to reading more.
Melissa said…
You've been tagged in the 11 Questions game. ; )
http://melissamaygrove.blogspot.com
Hello to you, Deniz. Love your site and your updates on your word count/progress on your WIPs. Congratulations for completing two. And best of luck to you for the one out on query. I'm excited to join this Platform-Building Campaign. Seems I can learn quite a bit from a veteran like you. I appreciate that you took the time to stop by my blog. Thanks!
Deniz Bevan said…
Aww, thanks for coming by both blogs, Marcy!

Ooh, thanks Melissa!

Thanks so much for coming by, Donna. I'm happy to meet your through the campaign!
Denise Covey said…
Hi Deniz. I'm considering not joining this year as I have to question the amount of time and its worth in the face of so much else happening. Great idea you have of only joining one group. If I decide to sign up, I'll just join your romance group.

Denise
Best of luck with the platform building. Always nice to find a way to get the word out about one's work.

Malcolm
Deniz Bevan said…
I don't blame you, Denise! Wish I could make more time for the Romantic Friday Writers!

Thank you, Malcolm!
Melanie Macek said…
And me! I'm in too this time around. I told Christy we should try to get a romance blog hop going during the challenge.

Can't wait to get this thing rolling.

Melanie
Deniz Bevan said…
Ooh, a blog hop, great idea!
C.V. Marie said…
Hello from the campaign! Just letting you know you've been tagged to answer questions! ^_^

-Cindy
Deniz Bevan said…
Ooh, more questions! I'm loving these, thanks C.V. - I'm going to answer them next Friday :-)