Drinks with an Author! Also, I'm Not Doing the A to Z But...

This year, I'm not doing the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge, but am sharing weekly linky posts anyway!


I'd meant to do one each day, reposting travel photos for each letter, but unfortunately couldn't find the time to arrange them in advance.


J is for...journeying in the United States, road trip 2

K is for...Kusadası, Turkey, and part two

L is for...London, including the Victoria and Albert Museum and Lord Rochester (and here's Charles II)

M is for...Montreal, including my guide to 24 hours in Montreal

Also, here are a few articles I've written for the Bizim Anadolu newspaper:
Montreal is an Island
Hevelspending
Walking in Old Montreal
Ideas for Your Staycation
Recipe for Pâté chômeur
Château Ramezay
Shakespeare in the Park
Salon Moov (hairstyling and Bengal cats!)

N is for...Nairobi, and part two

O is for...Oxford, and part two, plus Tolkien in Oxford

And from Bizim Anadolu: Tolkien, and My First Novel


Here's a view that I shared in the post of Oxford photos from 2007:


I like the question I asked at the end of that post (my answer would be Tolkien (of course!) and a peaty single malt), and I'm interested to see everyone's answers:

If you could share a drink with an author, who would you like to invite, and what would you drink?

Comments

Hi Denise - just wanted to say I've written about K for Klee Wyck ... and will do more on the exhibition I saw on Emily at the Victoria Art Gallery ...

I must come back and run through these posts again - always learning through you ...

An author ... I liked to be around listening as others talked and asked questions ... Patrick Leigh Fermor ... and perhaps Churchill, Mandela ... though I'd need to be listening well to these erudite gentlemen - not sure I'd really contribute - but I'd learn!

If you're in London - there's an exhibition at the British Museum on Greece ... see: http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/charmed_lives_in_greece.aspx

Cheers Hilary
Denise Covey said…
Hi Deniz. Just saying hi. I don't do the A-Z either, but did a guest post with the WEP team. Fun. Once or twice a month is enough for me. Can't contemplate every day any more! I prefer to be writing!
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks, Hilary and Denise!
I miss doing the A to Z, but feel oddly relaxed without it. Off to check out others' posts!
Jemi Fraser said…
I did the A to Z one year and loved it, but I simply can't find the time to visit all the blogs I'd like to as well.
Tolkein would be a great author to invite!
For more contemporary authors, I'd love to chat with Nora Roberts or Jill Shalvis!
Chrys Fey said…
I’d like to have tea with J.K. Rowling. :)
I like reading all the posts on A-Z. I like learning and some posts are so interesting!