Annual Travel Roundup, Trip to Annecy, ROW80, and Review Contest!

Yearly travel roundup!

One of my first posts lasts year was a repost of My Favourite Thing About Turkey. If anyone is looking for a way to help, this charity is a good one.

The rest of the year in travel went like this:

January: visit to a snowy mountaintop

February: annual roundup of travel in Switzerland

the perfect Swiss day!

March: travel questionnaire ("What's the best thing you've ever eaten overseas?")

springtime in our village!

April: Blogging from A to Z April Challenge! It counts as travel, no? Since my theme was all about visiting and celebrating fellow bloggers! And I also shared photos of a concert in Lausanne and a weekend trip to Schwyz!

May: Poems for the Ride

Paris!

June: strawberry picking

photos of various travels part I: Turkey, 2008

photos of various travels part II: Three Pines in Switzerland, 2022

photos of various travels part III: Flowers and trees, 2022

July: Stockholm!

Geneva observatory

Holmfirth

visit to Neuchatel to get Mountie!

August: England part I: Scarborough

England part II: walking on the moors

England part III: London

England part IV: photos by Miss E!

Knitting on vacation

September: summertime in our village!

Nyon

Barcelona part I

Barcelona part II

Barcelona part III

Barcelona part IV

October: harking back to summertime

Port of Founex

trip to Yvoire, France

Founex and views from Geneva

visit to a summery mountaintop

November: boating on Lake Geneva

December: last of the various photos




Submit a review for Summer Fire and win! Let me know in the comments.
Summer Fire by Deniz Bevan
The Dirty Bits from Carina Press "give you what you want, when you want it. Designed to be read in an hour or two," these "microromances are guaranteed to pack a punch and deliver a happily-ever-after."


'You know how it is with Canadians. We come alive in the summer.'

Ayse had resigned herself to an interesting—but in the end unromantic—trip visiting family in Istanbul. Great-aunts, touristy sites and endless meals…until she meets fellow doctor Hakan.

All tanned skin and defined muscle under his polo shirt, his kisses cut off her breath, making her dizzy. His every touch is a thrill.

Ayse wants all of Hakan at once. His sweet mouth, the heat of his body against hers, their heartbeats slowing together.

A holiday romance might give her some blazing memories come the lonely winter, but maybe, just maybe, the fire between them doesn’t have to be as fleeting as the summer.

For those times when size does matter. The Dirty Bits from Carina Press: quick and dirty, just the way we like it. One-click with confidence. This title is part of the Carina Press Romance Promise: all the romance you’re looking for with an HEA/HFN. It’s a promise!"


In other news, Reading Wales 2023 is coming up!

A quick ROW80 update:

1. Larksong: I need to finish entering all the edits on paper and finish research [haven't done this yet]
2. A Stitch in Time: I need to edit this thing because... [haven't done this yet]
3. A Stitch in Time Outtake: I need to finish drafting this, so I can possibly issue both stories together! [one scene edited]
4. Montreal: New story that I'm drafting -- this is the main item I'm working on at the moment [30,000 words written plus about 5,000 on another shiny new idea!]
5. The Flight of Time: It's ready to go! I just need to finish the synopsis! [I reeeeeally need to do this]

The most recent trip was a family day trip to Annecy, France! We were very lucky and got the one sunny day in a string of grey days.

First a stop at a phone booth free library...

Where do you like to go on a weekend?

Comments

Natalie Aguirre said…
I don't travel much anymore. But it looks like I can enjoy traveling by reading your blog posts. Loved all your pictures.
Cool area - where were the first few shots taken?
Deniz Bevan said…
Aww, thank you, Natalie!
Thank you, Alex! Do you mean the mountaintop? That's up in the Jura mountains. Or the Annecy stuff? We took the train from Switzerland over to Annecy in France (about two hours). They had a lot more snow over there!
I'm lucky -- the library box is in our village!
Jeff said…
Lots of good travels. The one I'm most envious of is Lake Geneva. Maybe it's from listening to too much Deep Purple (Smoke on the Water) in high school. Or maybe it's from having read too much John Calvin. But sailing on Lake Geneva is in my bucket list.
I adore your travel posts, Deniz. They are lovely and quirky (and inspirational too... I think I need to set up my UK trip after all ;-) )

Oh, the joy of the shiny new thing... 5K on that and 30K on Montreal is pretty awesome.
Hi Deniz - wonderful photos of you and your mother I think ... or perhaps sister - looks like a wonderful time. I've made a note of the "Reading Wales 2023" - I won't do it ... but might pop in - your ability to learn new things amazes me. Cheers Hilary