Editing

I haven't done much real work on the novel in the past couple of months. I've been watching Jenny's progress as she ploughs through revisions on her way to the Golden Heart submission deadline - yay Jenny! for finishing. But I've been caught up with other projects, such as knitting, and general laziness, and the weight of guilt was beginning to make my shoulders sag.

So when Rachel announced over on the Forum that this month's goals should be "specific [and] measurable" I jumped at the chance to finally get my fingers in gear.

I announced that I would calculate a specific number of pages to edit per day. The Face of A Lion currently stands at 200 pages (in my own quirky formatting (proper page margins, but Arial size 10 instead of TNR size 12)).

200/30 days = 6 pages a day!

That's it! I can do that! No matter how lazy I am!

And I proved it to myself too - sat down and red-penned my way through 12 pages last night. Which means I can take New Year's Eve off :-)

It also means that my January goals will have to be to type up all these revisions at 6 pages per day...

Comments