More on Reading

I've surfaced just long enough from my Harry Potter re-reads (these books are so well written and follow so well both YA and fantasy/fairy tale traditions that I may do an editorial/review post on them, simply to rave about how brilliant they are) in order to note a few other lists and events:

Jen's hosting another writing marathon over at the Forum, which I sorely need to get my rear in gear. I've submitted one more query, but haven't finished revisions based on the May exercise and need to add some more scenes to my small pile of snippets for the new novel. I'm still referring to it as 1492; based on past experience I'll need at least 10 or 20 more scenes to be able to come up with a title...

Anne and May talk about everyone's favourite reading room!

And Janet asks, also at the Forum, about the first 15 books that come to mind:

"Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Tag 15 friends, including me because I'm interested in seeing what books my friends choose."

Here are mine:

1. The Lord of the Rings and The Notion Club Papers by J R R Tolkien
2. the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
3. the Harry Potter series by J K Rowling
4. Mine for Keeps and From Anna by Jean Little
5. The Daring Game and A Handful of Time by Kit Pearson
6. the Anne of Green Gables series by L M Montgomery
7. 1984 by George Orwell
8. White Nights by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
9. The Stand and Night Shift by Stephen King
10. Charlotte’s Web by E B White
11. Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
12. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
13. The Secret Garden by F H Burnett
14. Ned Kelly and the City of the Bees by M Kenneally
15. The Man Born To Be King by Dorothy L Sayers

I'll tag everyone!

Comments