Ten (or so) for Thursday: Questionnaires

Questions from Inside the Actor's Studio!




We recently had a staff exercise at work, part of which involved answering some of the questions that James Lipton asks:

1. What is your favorite word?

Wariangle

2. What is your least favorite word?

Like (when used in Valley Girl sentences such as "I was, like, at my boyfriend's house and, like, we were, like, making out? He took off my bra, and then, like, his parents, like, came home?!)

5. What sound or noise do you love?

The Aegean sea crashing on the sand near my grandmother’s house

6. What sound or noise do you hate?

TV commercials

7. What is your favourite curse word?

Fish wrinkles!

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Veterinarian or sailor (on a sailboat)

9. What profession would you not like to do?

Anything involving public speaking

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

“This way to the TARDIS...”

(I’d like to see what European cities and other places on Earth looked like hundreds and thousands of years ago, and explore the universe, and the Time And Relative Dimension In Space machine on Doctor Who would be perfect for that sort of travel)

Also, author Talli Roland recently asked what would be on your list if you could have an extreme writing makeover?

I'd like to stop cringing before I plunge into edits of my own work.

I'd love to have more confidence, so that I don't wince anytime someone reads my work out loud.

I'd like to be better at verbally selling my stories and be more helpful and direct in providing explanations when people ask questions like "why don't you just publish it yourself?" and "I bet I could be a writer too, how do I start?"

I'd love to have more discipline and need less sleep, so that I could get up every day at 5 am and go write!

I'd like to get paid for typing up my handwritten drafts; I don't think I'll ever stop using pen and paper, but typing up all those scenes takes twice as long for some reason. If I was getting paid for it I would devote more time per day to typing.

Which leads me to, I'd love to be published and earning money from my books so that I could focus all day, every day on writing, typing, promotion, all the fun stuff!

How about you?

Comments

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said…
What sound or noise do you love?

Cicadas!
Anne Gallagher said…
What a wonderful idea for a post. Thank you so much for sharing.

What is your favorite sound? My daughter's laughter -- and I have to cheat and also say -- the ocean, any ocean, and if my daughter is laughing on it, so much the better.
Deniz Bevan said…
Ooh, good ones! I love those too, cicadas and the ocean :-)
Anonymous said…
But "like" is, like, so... convenient? Especially, if you, like, wanted some sort of a super punctuation mark, that can, like, never be mistaken for, like, a full stop in, like, any font?

BTW, that's a great image you have in your header.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks Rohan! I like your Magritte pipe :-)