Flora and Fauna in Coppet and Garenne Zoo

Flora and fauna!

No real update on my ROW80 goals -- the knitting is progressing, and I'm gearing up for NaNoWriMo.

Thought I'd share some of our photos taken with our new camera:


Our new pet! A Siamese fighting fish
Entering the local zoo, which has rescued animals and local animals born in captivity
(Photos of local stables and farms are also mixed in below)

And some exotic animals too...

Sleepy owl

Raccoons!


The village of Coppet:


Butterfly habitat:


Hope you enjoyed the photos!
Can you name any of the flowers for me?
I only know the daisies, roses, and lavender!

Comments

They are all just flowers to me.
Looks like someone had a fun day exploring the zoo and the area.
Crystal Collier said…
Beta fish! We got one of those once. It was my sister's. Don't remember what happened to it, but we all thought it was pretty.

Love the flower shots and that last one of the dock is super cute.
Well ready for this:

And the Siamese Fighting Fish is really bringing Big Ben down – it’s going to fall in its own sweet time!! Love the photos though of you and Emily … Sleepy Owl: knock on wood?!
… petunias – various, and the red Busy Lizzie (not sure about the yellow one – it is Euryops Pectinatus!)
Red Geranium with purple and white petunia …
Fern in wall …
Geraniums mixed with Euryops …
Mexican Fleabane … tiny daisy flowers … usually in paving, or walls etc with ‘madam’!! Except she is distinctly prettier …
Light pink fleshy type plant … possibly a Sedum …
Might be a type of Mesembryanthemum … daisy type on e…
Geraniums …
Butterfly! And don’t ask me re grasses …
Purple one on dead wood – I think is a Buddleia – butterfly bush …
Stunning butterfly shots …
Not sure if that’s an onion or chive flower … or neither!
Orange – I think is a form of lily …

Sorry haven't got to do the butterflies ... cheers Hilary
Deniz Bevan said…
Me too, Alex!

Thanks, Crystal!

Ooh, thank you, Hilary, that's perfect! Now I have to start learning these names...