Hodge Podge No. 5: Tolkien Exhibition, Editing Tips, and Johnny Marr

Hodge podge post!

It's been a while since I've written one of these hodge podge posts.

Thinking of ROW80 goals, I am still not where I'd like to be, editing-wise. This popped up as a timely reminder:

On the other hand, I don't think I'd ever say no to more maps...


I need to finish entering that last round of edits for The Handful of Time, but I might shelve that for a few days to look over, again, Captive of the Sea. Harlequin has a call out for historical romance, including medieval ones!


My current earworms, from Johnny Marr:







In other news, the Tolkien: Maker of Middle-Earth exhibition is now open at the Bodleian in Oxford.



"Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth explores Tolkien’s amazing legacy from his genius as an artist, poet, linguist, and author to his academic career and private life. The exhibition takes you on a journey through Tolkien’s famous works, The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings, displaying an array of draft manuscripts, striking illustrations and maps drawn for his publications. Discover Tolkien’s early abstract paintings from The Book of Ishness, the touching tales he wrote for his children, rare objects that belonged to Tolkien, exclusive fan mail; and private letters.
This once-in-a-generation exhibition runs from 1 June to 28 October 2018 at the Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford."

If I were a librarian, this is the job I would aim for:



Here are some photos I've posted recently on instagram:

I've very sporadic about posting on there. Maybe it would help to have some themes.


Are you on instagram or another photo-sharing site? Where do you get your inspiration from?
What was the last exhibition you attended?

Comments

Don't miss that call.
I'm not on Instagram but the IWSG is.
Hi Deniz ... I'm now on Instagram ... but not yet using it! The last exhibition was the Emily Carr one down in Victoria .. but enjoy Tolkien when you get to the Bodleian ... would love to go - cheers Hilary
I've been thinking about setting up my own Instagram page, but I'm a teacher and I don't want my students looking at my pictures. It's not like I'd put anything racy up there, of course, but I don't like the idea of them seeing parts of my personal life. I could keep it private, but I don't know...

I think being a librarian would be fun. If I hadn't become a teacher, I would have possibly become a librarian, because I love books and am always telling people to be quiet. :)
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you both!