On Vacation

On vacation.



I'm not, really. But work is very busy and it's very hot out.

I'm not quite meeting my ROW80 goals, but I've just written a new short story! I'm busy editing it, and hope to share a form of it next week, as part of the August Write...Edit...Publish challenge!



Here's a wee teaser:

When Amelie asked if I wanted to join her and a bunch of her friends on holiday in Turkey, I was all for it.

The starting year of uni was tough. I was proud to be the first in my family to go to university, and really proud that I'd got into Oxford. But the work was hard, my English wasn't always good enough, and the Portuguese-speaking community was small. And there was no one else from Brazil in my year.

Then I met Amelie at a salsa class, and things got better. She was friends with everyone! And the Turkey trip was going to be excellent.

Then I found out that her boyfriend was coming along.

What do you think will happen next?

Comments

I predict a lot of friction...
Hi Deniz ... I'd hope she wouldn't go - life will be awful, unless she can go out on her own and leave them to it ... challenging times ahead - cheers Hilary
Kelly Steel said…
Ohhh. I do hope it all turns out okay.
Crystal Collier said…
LOL! I think that's the funniest post I've read all day. =) (Not the blurb, the first part.)

Looking forward to your story.