IWSG Day! ROW80 and Food Photos

How is it June already?

Don't answer that, I don't want to know!

It's Insecure Writer's Support Group Day!


Insecure Writer's Support Group

A database resource site and support group for writers and authors. Featuring weekly guests and tips, a monthly blogfest gathering, a Facebook group, a book club, and thousands of links – all to benefit writers! #IWSG

Website / Facebook Group / Twitter / Book Club
Reedsy DiscountPast Issues


Fast Five Free Gift - Mobi / Epub / Pdf

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time - and return comments. This group is all about connecting!

Be sure to link to this page and display the badge in your post. And please be sure your avatar links back to your blog! Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.   
 
 
Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!
Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.
The awesome co-hosts for the June 7 posting of the IWSG are Patrcia Josephine, Diedre Knight, Olga Godim, J. Lenni Dorner, and Cathrina Constantine!
Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say. 

Remember, the question is optional!

June 7 question - If you ever did stop writing, what would you replace it with?
 
Share Share
Tweet Tweet

 

 

Now that's a question!

Obviously there'd be more time for knitting and baking (and exercise and chores, ha ha).

I would read even more.

I would also volunteer to beta read more often!

Would I really sew or crochet or spin or create crosswords or go for more walks?

Maybe. But I had a horrible dry spell some time ago, when I couldn't write for over a year, and all I remember is the crushing sense of loss.

So I think what I would try to do is write more poetry.


In other news, I recorded this!


Angela's Airplane, the inspiration for Louis' Boat


I've also got a proper ROW80 check in!

My start-of-Round-2 goals were:

1. Larksong: I need to finish entering all the edits on paper and finish research
2. A Stitch in Time: I need to edit this thing because...
3. A Stitch in Time Outtake: I need to finish drafting this, so I can possibly issue both stories together! [one scene edited and posted!]
4. The Flight of Time: It's ready to go! I just need to finish the synopsis!

Instead of working on those, I wrote a handful of new stories! Links are available on my new ko-fi page (yes, I'm set up to receive donations, but any and all amounts received will go back to supporting other creators!).

For this round, then, my goals are to finish the remaining chapters of the two ongoing stories (two chapters left for one and eight for the other). The second one references my favourite play, Into the Woods!

Here's my update:

1. Not yet

2. Not yet

3. Not yet

4. Yes! I tweaked the synopsis some more! And sent it to another beta! We're getting closer...

5. I finished a whole new story (tentative posting date 12 July; there may be art!)

6. I'm close to completing the final chapter of the current story; after that, I've got eight chapters to write on the Into the Woods story!


Meanwhile...

Fika at IKEA!

Blåhaj and octopus friend!

I wrote about an ancient cash register...then went to lunch and saw one!

This was lunch

A different lunch, by the lake

Sparrows!

Lunch! Filet de perches
I made cookies based on a recipe from a story!


What are your plans for the next season?
Is it summer where you are or winter?

Comments

Sounds like you have plenty to fill your time.
Cookies from a story? How original.
Nick Wilford said…
You always seem busy with so many projects, so I don't think you'll be stopping any time soon!
Olga Godim said…
Cookies from a story? Some books have amazing recipes inside, but I don't think I ever tried to reproduce them in real life. Were the cookies good?
Multiiple projects are fun, aren't they? Love that octopus pillow pic and your cheerful attitude. Happy writing!
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you, all, for stopping by!
Yes, the cookies were amazing! I substituted chocolate chips because I didn't have toffee bits, but they'd've been even better with toffee!
Sandee said…
I ate some of the food. Delicious.

Have a fabulous day and week. ♥