Mini Highlights of Fellow Bloggers 2! and Oxonmoot 2026

Blogging Buddies!

Once upon a time, when I fell behind on blog commenting, I did a roundup post highlighting fellow bloggers!

I am finally catching up again today!

Here are just a few of the lovely bloggers I've visited:

Hilary (history and travel and fun stuff!)

Jeff at From a Rocky Hillside (travel and history and faith and books!)

Alex Cavanaugh (blogging ninja!)

The Insecure Writer's Support Group, celebrating 15 years!

Literary Rambles (spotlighting children's book authors, agents, and publishing!)

Roland Clarke (lots of stories!)

Romance Book Haven (fun author interviews!)

Staircase Wit (lots of books!)

I also have a few teaser photos from Oxonmoot, the annual event of the Tolkien Society. I'm always grateful that they offer a hybrid option, and we get to join online! There were so many great talks, as always, and I'm glad not to miss out.

A question from the quiz!

Brian Sibley sharing some of his memorabilia with us

Quiz night at Oxford!

Fun and games with the Chair, Shaun Gunner

Keynote, a preview of an interview with Dr Verlyn Flieger



I love her idea of literary analysis -- helping readers figure out why they were moved

Keynote with Dr Dimitra Fimi

Jessica Yates sharing some of her memorabilia with us

A fascinating talk on the Black Breath and Mabel Tolkien

Enyalie, the farewell at Tolkien's graveside

Artist Jay Johnstone has illustrated a new edition of Gormenghast





Potato quality images of some of Jay's amazing work on an antique cabinet!


Have you attended an online event recently?

Comments

Thanks Deniz for mentioning me and my eclectic blog - to fall within the range some of those mentioned is an honour. Thank you ... cheers to one and all - do check out the other entries. Hilary