Fifteen Minutes of Fame for My Novel!

It's confetti time!

The Face of A Lion - my middle grade novel about Austin and his adventures through time with a talking cat - has gotten its fifteen minutes of fame:

I've won this month's Middle Grade/Young Adult category of OUT OF THE SLUSHPILE, Novel Journey's Fifteen Minutes of Fame Contest!

Visit the site here and read the intro to the novel.

In this case, fifteen minutes equals six months that my first page will be up for all to see!

At the same time, my query letter for The Face of A Lion is on critique over at Disgruntled Bear's site.

Querying, Round 2, may now officially begin!

Meanwhile, the Writers' Houseparty - set in Constantinople 1493 - is in full swing; come by and read, or drop your characters in.

And in other novel news, Darby Christopher, heroine of kc dyer's A Walk Through a Window and the latest story Facing Fire, is visiting with Hélène Boudreau - author of Acadian Star and Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings - today.

Comments

Unknown said…
Well done, pleased for you. And thanks so much for joining me, Deniz. Interested to know your husband has family in our area. Carole.
Pearl said…
Congratulations! I remember reading the excerpt over at Roni's site, and how much I enjoyed it.

Cheers, and here's to continuing success!
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you!
*blush*
Lottery Girl said…
OMGosh!!!! Deniz, I am so proud of you. Way to go! Looks like all your hard work is paying off.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you! I can't believe it's Austin out there in the world...
Talli Roland said…
That's FAB Deniz; congrats! Yay!
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you Talli! It's lovely to think that so many are excited along with me :-)