Year-End Knitting Review

Year-end knitting review!

Throughout the year, I didn't have time to knit much, or focus on other hobbies, but I did manage a few projects, including some baking...

There was the week I baked bread from scratch and made Oreo cheesecake!

I signed up for both Bold Beginner Knits and Knitting Season by Kate Davies -- someday I hope to have time to knit some of these beautiful patterns!

Knitting Season also includes the collected essays Wheesht, which are very thought-provoking and insightful.

My year-end knitting review for 2018 featured the quilt made for me by a special group of friends. The first four months of baby-on-a-quilt photos are in that post.

Here are the next five months:


5 months

6 months


7 months



8 months


9 months


Near the end of the year, I knit some cute mittens and an unsuccessful hat.

Since then, I've been experimenting with a pair of leggings for a friend. Trying to get the right combination of pattern, needle size, and her chosen yarn!


For this year my goal remains the same, to simply knit something sometime.

My other ongoing goals are to:

1. Think about buying expensive wool to make, slowly, methodically, and properly, a gorgeous design by Kate Davies
This is ongoing, and mostly on the backburner

2. Pick up crochet again, but I'm still stumped by the double crochet stitch.
I need to watch more YouTube videos...

3. Organise all our photos and print a few in photobooks
I'm managing to stay on top of this!

4. Bake more!
I have been more successful at this lately. Now to start trying more complicated recipes...


Do you have a few favourite patterns or recipes?
Please share!

Comments

You can say he grew up on that quilt!
Hi Deniz - gosh they look wonderful together ... lovely seeing how he's grown. I can't wear wool ... so knitting and I don't go together ... but it's great you've got so much going on - apart from work, studies, reading and family life!! All the best - cheers Hilary
Robin Malcolm said…
Love seeing all the photos, one right after the other! I think about how much love and prayers went into that quilt before we even knew his name!

My sewing goals this year- start a "Village" quilt with wax-print fabric, and complete a few home decor projects, such as a dust cover for my Kitchen Aid mixer, some wax-print trimmed towels for the bathroom, and curtains for my office.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks so much for coming by, Alex, Hilary, and Robin!


I have no idea what's going on with blogger, but comments don't seem to be working. The two posts after this one have no comment button. So annoying!
Deniz Bevan said…
Fixed! They've set the comment option to "Don't Allow" as a default, so you have to manually change it for each post. What a silly thing!