Baking and Knitting and Strawberries and ROW80

C

raft post!

I've not not been writing, including a final round of copy edits for Druid's Moon, but I've also been knitting quite regularly!

 

Among other activities...


Apple pie and cookies!

Brownies and cherry muffins (cherries from the cherry tree in our landlady's garden!)

Walking to the strawberry field...







Through the vines...











Strawberries!

So many!



Open house at the winery up the road





Checking on the kirsch in progress...

Memorabilia!



Our village, 200 years ago





We bought the carved stone from Marilyn Designs...

...and coloured it!



In other news, we've been designing LEGO dinosaurs!

A sewing project at school

My latest project

Using up some of my leftover yarns with the Dathan Hap pattern

Ancient Christmas ornaments!



From the late 1950s, early 1960s

Pysanka! I didn't make these; they're by author Marsha Skyrpuch. I had a chance to make real Ukrainian Easter eggs years ago (with traditional dyes and the real melted wax and instruments) at a friend's house; it was really fun and I'd love to do it again

Starting a new project, to make goods for a solidarity breakfast to be held at my daughter's school...

...potholders by me...

...and bookmarks by E!





















The complete collection!



As for my upcoming ROW80 goals, I'm back to participating in the monthly exercises on thelitforum, and I need to revise my query for Captive of the Sea, after some great feedback on Nathan Bransford's blog!

Which fruits and vegetables are in season where you are?

Comments

Hi Deniz - see the strawberries ... so delicious - then the cherries and the kirsch - yummy! Great looking cookies ... while the kids seem to be very actively involved - summer at home ... you're keeping them occupied - let alone yourselves! Congratulations ... and enjoy the rest of summer - cheers Hilary
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you, Hilary!
I wish we could have tasted the kirsch!
Hope you're having a lovely summer so far :-)