IWSG Anniversary, Publication Anniversary, ROW80 Check In and a Playlist

H

i, all!

It's IWSG anniversary day!


Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

 Insecure Writer's Support Group

A database resource site and support group for writers and authors. Featuring weekly guests and tips, a monthly blogfest gathering, a Facebook group, a book club, and thousands of links – all to benefit writers! #IWSG

Website / Facebook Group / Twitter / Book Club
Reedsy DiscountPast Issues

Fast Five Free Gift –
Mobi / Epub / Pdf

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time - and return comments. This group is all about connecting!

Be sure to link to this page and display the badge in your post. And please be sure your avatar links back to your blog! Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!
Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.
The awesome co-hosts for the September 6 posting of the IWSG are 
Sonia Dogra, J Lenni Dorner, Pat Garcia, Sarah - The Faux Fountain Pen, and Meka James!

Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say.


HAPPY TWELFTH BIRTHDAY
INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP!!!

Celebrate with us. Answer this month's question. 
🎈🎉🎊🎁🎂🍰

Remember, the question is optional!

September 6 question: The IWSG celebrates 12 years today! When did you discover the IWSG, how do you connect, and how has it helped you?


I've been a part of IWSG since the start!

For the ninth IWSG anniversary, I collated all my IWSG posts until then. I just don't have the time to do that today for the past three years, especially because I don't think I've missed a single posting date! I love being part of the IWSG community, even if my commenting has fallen by the wayside in the past few months. Hoping to set aside a day soon to catch up on it all.

The most exciting part was becoming a part of one of the IWSG anthologies! Let's pretend it's the anniversary of its release, and celebrate all the anthologies! Here's the one I was in:


Dark Matter: Artificial
An Insecure Writer’s Support Group Anthology

 Discover dark matter’s secrets…

What is an AI’s true role? Will bumbling siblings find their way home from deep space? Dark matter is judging us—are we worthy of existence? Would you step through a portal into another reality? Can the discoverer of dark matter uncover its secrets?

Ten authors explore dark matter, unraveling its secrets and revealing its mysterious nature. Featuring the talents of Stephanie Espinoza Villamor, C.D. Gallant-King, Tara Tyler, Mark Alpert, Olga Godim, Steph Wolmarans, Charles Kowalski, Kim Mannix, Elizabeth Mueller, and Deniz Bevan.

Hand-picked by a panel of agents, authors, and editors, these ten tales will take readers on a journey across time and space. Prepare for ignition!
 
Founded by author Alex J. Cavanaugh, the Insecure Writer’s Support Group offers support for writers and authors alike. It provides an online database; articles; monthly blog posting; Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram groups; #IWSGPit, and a newsletter.

Release date: May 4, 2021
Print ISBN 9781939844828 $14.95
EBook ISBN 9781939844835 $4.99
Science Fiction: Collections & Anthologies/Space Exploration/Genetic Engineering
Dancing Lemur Press
 
Artificial – Stephanie Espinoza Villamor
Space Folds and Broomsticks – C.D. Gallant-King
Rift – Kim Mannix
The Utten Mission – Steph Wolmarans
Sentient – Tara Tyler
One to Another – Deniz Bevan
Resident Alien – Charles Kowalski
Nano Pursuit – Olga Godim
Resurgence – Elizabeth Mueller
Vera’s Last Voyage – Mark Alpert
 
Links:
Amazon
Kobo
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads


Time for a proper ROW80 update!

My start-of-Round-2 goals were:
1. Larksong: I need to finish entering all the edits on paper and finish research
2. A Stitch in Time: I need to edit this thing because...
3. A Stitch in Time Outtake: I need to finish drafting this, so I can possibly issue both stories together! [three scenes edited and posted!]
4. The Flight of Time: It's ready to go! I just need to finish the synopsis!

At the time, I wrote: "Instead of working on those, I wrote a handful of new stories! Links are available on my ko-fi page (yes, I'm set up to receive donations, but any and all amounts received will go back to supporting other creators!)."

For this round, then, my original goals were as follows: "Finish the remaining chapters of the two ongoing stories (I've now finished the first story!) The second one references my favourite play, Into the Woods! I got to see it live a while ago and someday hope to have that experience again. The chapter count has been revised for the story".

My most recent update for the four was basically "not yet!" plus "I got some great feedback from the second beta! Now I have to actually, you know, make the changes..."

As of last month, the other projects have been revamped entirely. I've got two or three new stories posted, including chapter 3 of 5 of the Into the Woods story.

I've drafted about 7 other stories, all in various stages of editing. Whew! Two feature collaborations with artists and one with a fellow author.

 

And I submitted a story to the Surrey International Writers' Conference contest! Wish me luck.


Also, look: One of my ROW80 sponsor posts from way back is up on the site!

 

Here's my newest story playlist, featuring a host of Britpop memories!




How are you celebrating the IWSG anniversary?

I hope you're excited about your creative projects!

Comments

Deniz Bevan said…
Ooh, i didn't even mention that I've been posting Larksong as a serial right here on the blog! Scroll down if you'd like to read the start of the story, when Alice gets involved in a case of mistaken identity, and meets George... Pre-WWI Montreal!
Since the beginning! That is awesome. Thanks for being a part of it and glad you were in that anthology.
Sarah Foster said…
That's awesome that you've been with the IWSG since the beginning! I was published in one of the anthologies, also, and it was a great boost to my confidence. I wouldn't be published at all without the IWSG!
Olga Godim said…
It is great that you have been a part of IWSG from the start. Kudos for you!
I also have stories in two IWSG anthologies, and it's been a rewarding experience.
Hi Deniz - yes ... I've been around since the A-Z ... I probably joined soon after - once I realised the benefit of IWSG, even if I was only blogging. Cheers Hilary
Into the Woods is delightful1 Enjoy.

I confess... I was looking forward to a bit more banter between Alice and Henry, but.... This was great stuff too.
Denise Covey said…
Hi Deniz. Great that you've been in IWSG anthos. How is the writing life proceeding?
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks for coming by everyone!

Writing's going well, Denise (fingers crossed). I just need to submit a few more stories to a few more small publishers...