Swiss National Day!

Swiss National Day today!

There's a long festival going on in Geneva, and lots of fireworks, so for today I've compiled nearly all of my Geneva posts into one:



Our arrival!

The Geneva International Book Fair
with Irvine Welsh
and Joel Dicker

Thanksgiving

Springtime!

Wintertime!

Lord Byron, Mary Shelley, and Villa Diodati

United Nations
and Ariana Park

Jet d'Eau

Where the Rhone meets the Arve

Museums and an unidentified object

St Pierre Cathedral

Escalade

Botanical gardens

Plane trees

Lakefront and zombies

...everything else!


Today is also Insecure Writer's Support Group Day!

If anyone needs a break from writing, editing, research, etc., or needs a space to daydream about a story, here's a coffee break in Geneva post I once wrote, back in our first winter in Geneva!:

If we were having coffee...

This is a blog idea from Conny at Study Read Write. I'm going to borrow it for today!

If we were having coffee together this week, we'd be in Geneva, which means we'll likely have a renverse. We might be seated at Cafe de Paris, which has been around since the 1930s!



There are a lot of people watching opportunities at this cafe, but if you'd prefer to be by the lake, there are many cafe-carts and sandwich booths along the water. It's been relatively mild here, compared to the weather much of the rest of the world has been experiencing -- we might even get a chance to sit outside! If you'd like something a bit upscale, there's always the Cottage Cafe...



We can take a break from work and responsibility and talk about cabbages and kings... Somewhere in there I'll probably bemoan the fact that I haven't been keeping up with my ROW80 goals! But we can talk about what our day requires, the books we're reading and any interesting movies or TV shows we might have seen.

I think we're all looking forward to...

Spring!

If we linger for a while, I won't be coming alone!

(why sideways?)

We should have a dessert with our coffees. My treat!
What's your favourite dessert?

Comments

Cool place to have coffee.
Have fun this week with the festival!
Hi Deniz - lots going on with your family ... Emily looks just like a delightful little girl and now number 2 on the way ... enjoy Summer and being at the lakeside - cheers Hilary
dolorah said…
I wish I could go!!
Deniz Bevan said…
Sharing a virtual coffee with you all!